DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 2016 ram 1500 tradesman and it's stuck on the evic menu screen. The horn and the left side buttons don't work but all the right side buttons work. Also none of the button lights work on left or right side. I've checked every single fuse and none are blown. I was kinda thinking it was clockspring since it's the buttons and the horn and I ordered a clock spring off eBay and put it on but after I installed it when you turn the key you get nothing, like the battery is still unhooked, no dash lights or anything. So after that I put the original clockspring back on. Anybody have any suggestions? Trying to not have to take it to the dealership.

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,085 Posts
I moved your post to this area of the forum. It should get better responses, here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's a 2016 ram 1500 tradesman and it's stuck on the evic menu screen. The horn and the left side buttons don't work but all the right side buttons work. Also none of the button lights work on left or right side. I've checked every single fuse and none are blown. I was kinda thinking it was clockspring since it's the buttons and the horn and I ordered a clock spring off eBay and put it on but after I installed it when you turn the key you get nothing, like the battery is still unhooked, no dash lights or anything. So after that I put the original clockspring back on. Anybody have any suggestions? Trying to not have to take it to the dealership.
I have the same problem on my 2013 ram 1500 quad cab. I suspected the evic switch it's self so I replaced it but that didn't fix the problem. I was gonna try the clock spring but after reading your post I'm not gonna try it. I've also checked all the fuses and all the wiring associated with the steering column. If I ever find a solution I'll let ya know. I'm also avoiding taking it to the dealer.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Here is a member who fixed his problem with a clock spring.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2013 ram 1500 quad cab. I suspected the evic switch it's self so I replaced it but that didn't fix the problem. I was gonna try the clock spring but after reading your post I'm not gonna try it. I've also checked all the fuses and all the wiring associated with the steering column. If I ever find a solution I'll let ya know. I'm also avoiding taking it to the dealer.
see below/above post

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also, there is no airbag light on, on the dash another reason why I didn't change out the clock spring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don’t have a airbag light on either, and cruise control and gear + and - both work and already tried replacing clock spring. I think the dealer is my only option left

·
Registered
443 Posts
I don’t have a airbag light on either, and cruise control and gear + and - both work and already tried replacing clock spring. I think the dealer is my only option left
Do you have a trusted mechanic to bring your truck to instead of the dealership? I only bring my 09 to the dealership for warranty work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have no posted on here yet but its hard to nail down a forum that you want to be part of with so many choices .

anyway I have 12 ram 3500 st that bought it used 4th cummins now and love them. well shortly after I bought the truck the cruise stopped working then the evic then horn no backlit. and was intermitten depending on where steering wheel was in the rotation . So i searched online for answers not much came out of that ,apparently the truck had a recall for this reason and had been done a few yrs ago well now its doing it again called dealer of course no help from them im not fond of dealers of any kind whats so ever Ive learned to be my own mechanic after being bent over by dealers to many times , so now I take maters into my own hands and have not ever had to take to a dealer again .

Ok so I knew I had a short of some kind and needed to take apart steering wheel witch i did, I thought it was going to be my clock spring after removing the airbag you have access to the wiring under bag and visual to clock spring , it was the white connector that plugs into the clock spring from the horn evic cruise 6 wires and they looked good in the plug then i check to see if the wires where loose and sure enough they all just about fell out of the plug . they come apart where the metal prong on the end of wire locking into the white plug I think its a piss poor design . I was able to hot glue my cruise back in but the rest did not hold so Im going to order the whole wire or maybe pull the harness and see if I can give it another go on the plug . I hope this will help someone out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts