DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The evic display in my ram seems to randomly dim itself at times, there doesnt seem to be any pattern to it, im wondering if it supposed to do this, or is there a setting that i may have accidentally turned on to make it behave this way?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
The dimming goes from daytime to night,mine will change if I drive thru a shaded part of the road,then back when out in the brighter light.It,s a little too sensitive...doesn't have to be dark for it to change...hope this helps...:smileup::smileup:..Rob

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
If you have the headlight switch on auto then your lights may be going on when in a shaded area which in turn affects you display based on you dimmer setting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahh, that makes sense, i wonder if the light sensor could be a bit dirty, anyone know where it is?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
It's on the dash,out where the dash and windshield meet.You'll see a small dome,that is the sensor.It read the amount of light and this leads to an adjustment of dash light level.You can try it on a bright day by starting your truck.look at your dash lights, then take a piece of cardboard and cover up the dome sensor,in a second or two your dash light level will change,uncover it and they will return to the original light level ....:smileup::smileup:..Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts