DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone knows if there is - and how to access, hidden options in EVIC.

This is possible in some other Chrysler products - like the Challenger/Charger, etc. It was accessed by holding down a combination of keys.

Wondering if it exists in RAM - and if so how to get in (it is usually a backdoor for engineers, etc.).

I am speaking of the 7" EVIC screen - not the Uconnect (I have the key combo for that one).

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Never heard of this, sounds interesting though. I wonder what kind of goodies may be hiding.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It is not a hidden screen, but on my '14 Durango RT (8 speed) you are able to see what gear you are in. I wish that my Ram had an EVIC screen to show this. Maybe it does.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
It is not a hidden screen, but on my '14 Durango RT (8 speed) you are able to see what gear you are in. I wish that my Ram had an EVIC screen to show this. Maybe it does.
I stumbled across that option in my wifes F150. Its a neat feature I wish my truck had.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Wondering if anyone knows if there is - and how to access, hidden options in EVIC.

This is possible in some other Chrysler products - like the Challenger/Charger, etc. It was accessed by holding down a combination of keys.

Wondering if it exists in RAM - and if so how to get in (it is usually a backdoor for engineers, etc.).

I am speaking of the 7" EVIC screen - not the Uconnect (I have the key combo for that one).
What do the combos for the uConnect do?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
there is engineering menu in to 8.4 but i fogot how to get there.
you might want to try this:

If you press and hold both the temperature-up (red arrow) and temperature-down (blue arrow) buttons at the same time, for 5 or so seconds, you are presented with the "Engineering Menu"

more at the souce link(dots needed after www instead of the space an before com):

www cumminsforum com/forum/2013-general-discussion/1077802-hacking-uconnect-8-4a-8-4an.html

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should be clear too - I am not saying there is one. Just wondering if it exists. Based on other models it tells the answer is probably yes - but is just a probably...

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you use the gear+ and gear- buttons on the steering wheel you can see the gear you selected in the lower part of the screen next to the PRND and the gear you are in will be right next to the D. If you just set it in 8th gear it will run normally and you can see what gear you are in but it will reset when you turn it off.

·
Registered
198 Posts

There is a lockpick type device that allows access to some of the other menus:
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=174275

Not sure if there are any key combos to get there though ...

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you use the gear+ and gear- buttons on the steering wheel you can see the gear you selected in the lower part of the screen next to the PRND and the gear you are in will be right next to the D. If you just set it in 8th gear it will run normally and you can see what gear you are in but it will reset when you turn it off.
I *think* that mode disables the MDS feature. I never see the "eco" light come on when I'm in that mode.

Jim

·
Registered
585 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,718 Posts
from cummins diesel forum,
http://www.cumminsforum. com/forum/2013-general-discussion/1077802-hacking-uconnect-8-4a-8-4an.html

If you press and hold both the temperature-up (red arrow) and temperature-down (blue arrow) buttons at the same time, for 5 or so seconds, you are presented with the "Engineering Menu"

Another trick is to hold the up, down, and front defrost buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds and then you are presented with the "Dealer Mode" menu:

Another trick is to hold down the up, down, and Browse/Enter buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds. That puts you into touchscreen calibration mode, where you just follow the on screen instructions:

( for those with tailgate camera )

The last trick I know about so far is to hold down the up, down, and rear defrost buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds. That will write a screenshot (1.2MB .bmp file) to the flash drive in the console USB slot... which is how I got all the pictures for this post! It will literally capture whatever is on your screen, including the backup camera image and radio info:

One thing to remember before you insert your flash drive to capture screens: don't use one that still has the "swdl.iso" file on it from your last upgrade!

The most annoying thing I noticed during all this: the screenshot files have the precisely correct time and date (in GMT) on them... despite the fact that this radio can't keep time worth a darn and randomly loses a couple of minutes every day or two. So the radio is getting the correct time and updating itself, but they still use some broken algorithm to run the displayed clock.

Duncan

_________________________________________________________________________________
I just read that whole discussion, the whole thing would be worth reading, IF i understood newer technology
My phone still has a cord that plugs into the wall, if you know what i mean

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
from cummins diesel forum,
http://www.cumminsforum. com/forum/2013-general-discussion/1077802-hacking-uconnect-8-4a-8-4an.html

Another trick is to hold the up, down, and front defrost buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds and then you are presented with the "Dealer Mode" menu:

Another trick is to hold down the up, down, and Browse/Enter buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds. That puts you into touchscreen calibration mode, where you just follow the on screen instructions:

( for those with tailgate camera )

The last trick I know about so far is to hold down the up, down, and rear defrost buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds. That will write a screenshot (1.2MB .bmp file) to the flash drive in the console USB slot... which is how I got all the pictures for this post! It will literally capture whatever is on your screen, including the backup camera image and radio info:

One thing to remember before you insert your flash drive to capture screens: don't use one that still has the "swdl.iso" file on it from your last upgrade!

The most annoying thing I noticed during all this: the screenshot files have the precisely correct time and date (in GMT) on them... despite the fact that this radio can't keep time worth a darn and randomly loses a couple of minutes every day or two. So the radio is getting the correct time and updating itself, but they still use some broken algorithm to run the displayed clock.

Duncan
Ya - that is how to access the Uconnect screen. I am more interested in the EVIC screen.

For instance, there is supposed to be a boost gauge for the Ecodiesel (according to brochures from Ram) but when you look in the EVIC it is not there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 300C AWD had a 0-60 timer and a lot of running vehicle information that you could access by holding 2 buttons on the steering wheel for 5 seconds.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I never see the "eco" light come on when I'm in that mode.

Jim
I'm pretty sure the ECO light has nothing to do with if MDS has kicked on or not.
I think you're right that the ECO light doesn't necessarily mean that MDS is on. But I'm pretty sure that if MDS is on, the ECO light will be on. However I am certain that going into manual shift mode -- where it shows what gear you're in -- does keep the MDS OFF, as well as the ECO light.

Jim

·
Registered
585 Posts
Ya - that is how to access the Uconnect screen. I am more interested in the EVIC screen.

For instance, there is supposed to be a boost gauge for the Ecodiesel (according to brochures from Ram) but when you look in the EVIC it is not there.
Try this:
-In Park, use your up/down arrows on your steering wheel to get to the icon that looks like your instrument cluster.
-From there, you can add all sorts of things to your EVIC using your left/right arrows.

I added average fuel mileage, current fuel mileage, compass, time, and oil life and fuel mileage "gauges" that show up to the right of your tachometer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts