DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to find the list of options in the EVIC for a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport? I had an option to "tilt" the side mirrors when backing up but since the dealer 'flashed" the cpu at an oil change I no longer have it. The dealer said I never had the option, but it was the 1st thing I turned off when backing into my garage. I'm wondering which other options are missing.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I wonder why a dealer would flash your cpu during an oil change.

If they did not have your VIN entered correctly then they may have downgraded your truck to one with less options.

If you have memory seat check that also.

Look for the window sticker or build sheet to prove the truck had the tilt mirror option to start with.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Sounds to me that it previously had the wrong program in it, and is now corrected.

The auto tilting mirrors is an option that starts at the Laramie level. I've been trying to convince my dealer to flash mine with a Laramie program so I can have this feature. LOL

Don't you just love computers! :smileup:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Ok that makes sense. oldgto are you the original owner? if not the option may have been added to your truck and the programming was done directly to your truck then when the dealer flashed your computer the programming for the mirrors would have been lost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all - I am the original owner. I have to dig out the paperwork. Could be the flash was "corrected" when I went in for the oil change. I know I turned the option off the first night I took the truck home because I almost backed into the garage door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts