DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, in the EVIC the default settings are compass in upper left and air temp in upper right. Now I have checked the manual and I should (according to the manual) be able to put trip A or B in the lower left... but I can't. That option is not in the list I scroll through for lower left or right.

So just put it upper left or right, you might ask.:thk:

Yes I do have that option to put trip A or B in upper left or right... but air temp and compass is not in the list for lower left or right! In fact, if I go into settings and change air temp or compass to anything else, they go away completely from the EVIC option list until I choose "restore defaults".

Not really a problem as much as an annoyance. :doh:

This is a 2013 RAM Express crew 5.7L 4X4 :smiley_thumbs_up:

Anyone experience this? Can the EVIC programming be upgraded? Or is this something I just have to live with? Also, just an FYI, I have the Uconnect 5.0 (not the 3 or the 8). :i_rolleyes::i_rolleyes::i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Try tinkering with the settings for a bit. You can add/take away fuel economy, compass, air temp, fuel range, oil life and a couple of other things. I think a total of four things can be displayed in each corner if I am correct. But it took me a while to figure it out................

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can you post a pic of your EVIC? I'm not sure but yours sounds different from what I have.

This is mine and I have it custom just the way I like it. Trips A and B up top, fuel average and distance on the bottom, oil change meter and instant MPG on the left. Since I have the 8.4AN, it will show temp and compass so no need to have that in the dash.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you post a pic of your EVIC? I'm not sure but yours sounds different from what I have.

This is mine and I have it custom just the way I like it. Trips A and B up top, fuel average and distance on the bottom, oil change meter and instant MPG on the left. Since I have the 8.4AN, it will show temp and compass so no need to have that in the dash.
That's exactly what I have. And I can put trip A and/or B up top like that but then I lose the compass and outside temp. Compass and outside temp are not options in the list for display on the bottom.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ah, I know what you are talking about now. Yeah, I noticed that you can't move everything around but still the amount of customization available is still better than anything else out there. I didn't read about it in the manual (I customized mine at the dealer before leaving the lot because I thought it was so cool) so it could be a misprint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts