DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, several weeks ago a local dealer replaced both exhaust manifolds under warranty. Came back nice and quiet, all was well or so I thought. A couple of days later I got a CEL and stopped at an Auto Zone and code read EVAP problem. Another few days and the gas cap warning light came on.

Too much a coincidence for me, I'm busy and travel A Lot for work so took me until 90,000 miles to get it in for the manifolds. Now after calling and explaining the problem, my dealer rep will Not return my calls and I have sort of given up. I thought I caught a whiff of a fuel odor a couple of times and with the size of my nose, if it was there, I would smell it. But, only a couple of times. I'd hate to have my favorite mechanic find a dealer induced problem and bill me for fixing it, and it Could just be a coincidence that the problem started right after dealer service. Fuel cap has been replaced.

Now, to an actual question. Does replacing exhaust manifolds get the tech anywhere near the EVAP lines? I have been under the truck a couple of times and can't see anything out of the ordinary.

Advice and opinions always welcome!

·
Super Moderator
34,745 Posts
I am willing to bet these are unrelated. Rub a little Vaseline around the O-ring on your gas cap and see if that fixes it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts