DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just got on here, recently bought a 2016 Ram Big Horn 4X4 3.6 Pen. Just took it out the shop go a magnumflow on it. The guy at the shop told me it would sound way louder if also delete the resonator. Anyone else done this before ? I do notice a difference on how it sounds but it’s not as profound.

·
Registered
745 Posts
yes deleting the resonator is a common way to get a little more volume (and character !) from your exhaust sound ..

you may want to keep it just in case the result is too loud (or annoying) and you want to put it back on ;)

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
The muffler will get louder over time.
I have an 18" MF on my truck and the drone got too annoying while towing so I added another resonator. I have a hemi so your results may vary.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Hey guys just got on here, recently bought a 2016 Ram Big Horn 4X4 3.6 Pen. Just took it out the shop go a magnumflow on it. The guy at the shop told me it would sound way louder if also delete the resonator. Anyone else done this before ? I do notice a difference on how it sounds but it’s not as profound.
I don't know where you're at but don't remove anything from your exhaust system if you're in California aka Taxifornia. The California Highway Patrol is setting up road side inspection stations and physically inspecting vehicle as to any modifications to the emission systems. And they're impounding vehicles. :doh:

·
Registered
745 Posts
impounded for a muffler swap or resonator delete ?? I don't believe it .. reference ?

I doubt anything past the cat converters is considered part of the emissions system ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts