DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been driving this 2008 Cummins with the full delete and mods (oversize intake, no turbo silencer, straight 5" exhaust) for a couple yrs now. Pretty much only used the EB when towing, or heavily loaded. Well...started getting a "see dealer" warning again recently, and then was hauling 8k lb load of clay pigeons to my range, and realized the EB was not working. Finally did get my minimax to give me a DTC code that said something about the exhaust (mostly it had just told me no DTC's detected). So now I'm wondering:

A. Was this a direct result of my mods? Driving habits? Lack of fuel additive?

B. What needs done to repair this? Is it just a cleaning job? Replacement parts?

C. How do I prevent it from happening again? Use it all the time? Maintenance?

Feel bad I'm so busy all the time and don't hang around in here more... Anyway, searched around a bit but didn't find any recent discussion on this topic, unless I was looking in the wrong spot :i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Best thing you can do for turbo brake is use it all the time, mine has stopped working a couple times in the last year, usually for a few weeks then will start working again. The actuator can get crap in it, maybe your's will start working again but turn it on it all the time wether it's working or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have left the EB engaged for about a month now...guess I'll be taking it apart and repairing it, unfortunately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts