DODGE RAM FORUM banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Me too. I'm trying to make it a routine to set it when waiting for the preheat to finish but haven't ingrained the habit entirely yet. I'll get it at the first red light then.

·
Registered
47 Posts
So we had snow for a week here in WA state and my wife had to drive to work at 3am every morning. I could work from home so I told her to take my 2500. I told her to put tow haul mode on, pot it in four wheel then put the EB on. She has to go down some hills to get to work and this let her drive in complete control. Now she thinks she can drive in anything ��

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can someone explain the difference in the Auto and Full modes of EB, I tow a 12K 5er and going down some steep mountains it quits working while doing 15 to 25 mph. I use the tow haul and the EB on. I have to ride the brakes all the way down the mountain.as the EB seems to quit working all together is this normal?? I have a 2015 RAM 3500 DRW
My 2500 with a 16k 5th wheel, tow/haul on, seems to “drag” better if I set the cruise about 5 mph slower than I really want to go. This utilizes the full slowing/stopping power of the jake. I’ve found it works a lot better with the cruise trying to slow it rather than just my foot off the accelerator.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay, so what is everyone's preference when driving around? Six options to set it up.
E/B - Full, Auto, Off
Tow/Haul - On or Off
Although I like T/H with the full EB, you should watch who's behind you since the truck will rapidly slow down. I switch between T/H & Auto or No T/H but Full.
Hey so first time here.. just purchased a 16’ 2500. Previously had an 05’ 2500 so this exhaust brake is new to me... never towed with my Cummins but did with a GMC dually gasser so I understand the T/H in that respect.. but is it fine to daily drive whilst not hauling anything and use BOTH the T/H and EB? Also, do the brake lights come on when the EB is active? Did use T/H with an empty trailer due to the slick ramps an never had issues. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey so first time here.. just purchased a 16’ 2500. Previously had an 05’ 2500 so this exhaust brake is new to me... never towed with my Cummins but did with a GMC dually gasser so I understand the T/H in that respect.. but is it fine to daily drive whilst not hauling anything and use BOTH the T/H and EB? Also, do the brake lights come on when the EB is active? Did use T/H with an empty trailer due to the slick ramps an never had issues. Thanks guys!
Great question and an excuse to fire up this awesome thread again!

So having this on all the time will not do any harm to the engine? I was in the understanding to only use it when towing? So with this thread in mind I can run this all the time and conserve my brakes. Very happy some put the function in layman terms. At 26000+ miles I like learning new stuff about her.
+1 about learning more about these awesome rigs.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts