DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im so confused on why my truck exhaust isnt what i expected. I cut off factory Y .and ran two new pipes to make true duals. But 2 Borla xr1s on and it was popping.made them into turn downs and was too loud. Made my 14" magnaflow as turndowns and it was too quiet. So put FM 50HD that flowmaster said was designed for my truck and make turndowns and it was quiet also. So put super 40 on it and its just a tad bit louder then the 50HD. If you put factory radio on 11 it equals out with exhaust. Can someone plz help me out on why its quiet. Spent over $900 on all the exhaust and still isnt right. And all FM are dual in/out and dumped. Thanks

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I just replaced my factory muffler with a cherry bomb extreme..before that was a cherry bomb pro almost identical to a flow40 and the extreme is much louder...i like it alot, its quiet on the highway too.

As for why its quiet, what are you used to??

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
14" magnaflow out the back is louder then what i have now with FM Super 40. My 4.7 sad 40 turndowns and omg it was loud.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey David. I think going to true duals knocks it down a bit sound wise. If I'm reading your post right. You went from single 3 inch all in to what, at least 5 inch all in assuming you went 2.5inch each side. Did they add a crossover? Like an H or an X? That too will knock down the decibels. But what doesn't jive is your running turndowns. I would think you would pick up some sound just from thumping it down on the ground with the turndowns. But that truck is 6 inches higher so that may be canceling out the gain from the turndowns.

my 2 cents. :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Factory is 2.5 from cats to a 5". So i ran two 2.5s from cat to muffler

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Oem is 2.5 to the why, and 3" to the muffler and dual 2.25 out ti the tips.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well on my 09 I put fm 40 series and took out the resonator. Loved it

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
where are you doing the dumps? before axle or after axle? should consider doing cutouts and you can adjust the loudness anytime... what some consider too quiet is loud to others..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts