DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Exhaust Help!

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RogerRamJet 
#1 ·
Okay, so I need some major help!

I own a Dodge Ram 1500 V6 Magnum - nothing big or cool. I've owned it for 3 years and I'm just now getting time to do stuff to it. Currently it's completely boring and plain. I figured the way to start would be with an exhaust, so I need some ideas from people.

I know my truck is a V6 and I'm fine with that, so I don't want some exhaust that tries to make it sound like something it's not. I want an exhaust that gives it a little bit more of a "mean" sound without being way overdone.

Any and all ideas will be much appreciated!

Thank you!

#2 ·
All depends on what your budget is. For a couple hundred bucks, you could take it to an exhaust shop and have them put on a "high flow" muffler. Magnaflow and Flow Master are two of the more popular brands, but there are several on the market. I have a Magnaflow on my beast. By just replacing the stock muffler with a high flow muffler, you'l get some of that growl you're looking for.
Keep us updated on what you decide and do, or, if you need some more help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.