DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I put the QTP electric cut outs on for the sole reason of having a switch for "fun". The instillation was pretty smooth did not take long at all. When I fired up the truck for the first time with the cut out open I expected a nice deep rumble. To my suprise it sounded like a V6 with the mufflers chopped off. Loud but very chopy and unsmooth. I noticed there is still a small amount of exhaust making it all the way through the mufflers and wonder if this could be effecting the sound. The exhaust is aftermarket but couldnt say wich brand (it was already installed when i bought the truck). my truck is a stock Hemi with only a CAI. Has anybody else run into this issue with cut outs?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Where is the cutout located within the system? Closer to the cats or close to the muffler? What kind of muffler are you running?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
ORT: i'm just speculating here...I'm assuming a free flowing muffler like maggies would be better for after a cut out? since, realistically not ALL of the exhaust exits through the cut out...some still exits makes it to the mufflers? So if this guy has chambered exhaust, that would be quite different and maybe causing his issue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts