DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first 318 build. It's a 1996 ram 1500 5.2l with heavy duty trans. Im stuck at what exhaust size i should go with and whether or not to stick with the 3in single side pipe and replace the stock y pipe with a aftermarket one or go dual 2.5in into an x pipe. I can't decide on shorty or long tube headers. Any suggestions? Will have a chip, throttle body spacer, and a cai

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sticker on the hood that tells what motor, trans, etc. It says HD 4 speeds. It's just a automatic transmission out of a 2500. I got ahold of the previous owners and they had the truck ordered from the factory. It has 3/4 ton suspension with overloads and has a factory lift. It's pretty much a 2500 with a 1500 body with a small block.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Performance curve sells very reasonable dual outlet exhaust kits from the muffler back. You can choose almost anything you want. The only thing I did was buy stainless hangers and lap joint band clamps because I drive my truck all year. Hemifever tuner is the best power upgrade for your money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Battering Ram
DODGE RAM FORUM
We’re the ultimate Dodge RAM forum to talk about the RAM 1500, 2500 and 3500 including the Cummins powered models.
Full Forum Listing