DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have the HEMI with the stock dual exhaust out of the rear bumper. Today I noticed my passenger side exhaust is handing a 1/2 inch lower than the driver side. Has anyone else noticed this before? Looked underneath and everything is fine, truck hasn’t been hit or anything.

·
Registered
937 Posts
If it is just the tips that are lower they have a socket joint and can be adjusted to be centered in the bumper cutouts. If you are talking the tailpipe, I would say does it really matter and the tailpipes exit the muffler at different heights, essentially a top and bottom. If it is the tailpipe and it bothers you that much, just pop the tailpipe out of its rubber hanger, slide a small pipe over the metal hanger rod and bend it until you get it even. Then re-adjust you exhaust tip to center.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have been more specific. It is the tip in the cut outs. Do you have a picture of where I can make this adjustment on the tips? It basically lets you move it around?

If it is just the tips that are lower they have a socket joint and can be adjusted to be centered in the bumper cutouts. If you are talking the tailpipe, I would say does it really matter and the tailpipes exit the muffler at different heights, essentially a top and bottom. If it is the tailpipe and it bothers you that much, just pop the tailpipe out of its rubber hanger, slide a small pipe over the metal hanger rod and bend it until you get it even. Then re-adjust you exhaust tip to center.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Should be the first clamp forward of the tip

·
Registered
230 Posts
These are the clamps on the tips which can be adjusted with a 13mm socket.

Reactions: Thunderhorse

·
Registered
230 Posts
thank you, does that bolt keep the tip from falling off the main pipe? Just dont wanna cause a leak.
It fits right on with a bit of room for adjustment. Snug up the clamp, make your final adjustments and torque to 35#.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Have a 2020 1500 Ecodiesel - same issue that the right tip is our at least 1" more than the left. took it to dealer who did a very nice job troubleshooting. The mechanic said the systems are cut of from a jig during manufacturing, and over time, just like things cut off any pattern become less accurate. there was not enough adjustment on both sides to even them up. They ordered the whole back part of the system to replace. Hope it works because it looks ridiculous.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts