DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '10 Ram 1500 came with a single exhaust setup. I know that I can buy a kit from Magnaflow to make it look like it has a factory dual exhaust system. But there I have a problem with the rear bumper, or I did. Someone did me the favor by backing into my truck and putting a nice crease into the bumper. So having to replace the bumper, I am opting for the factory dual exhaust bumper.

Here's where I'm stuck as far as my exhaust. Magnaflow offers two dual kits. One with the truck having a single setup, and one with a dual setup. Can I put the kit that was fitted for a factory dual system on my truck, even though my truck has a single setup?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also have a 2010 with the SINGLE passenger-side exit exhaust and I've been wondering the same thing. I was looking under the bumper the other day and it looks like there are rubber pieces that will hold tail pipes on the other side. My guess is they make the trucks all the same way but just put on either single or dual tailpipes.
Maybe take a look at where your current muffler is hanging on the passenger side and then look at the driver side to see if those same fittings are there for you to hang a new set of pipes for the dual.
Let me know how y ou make out, I'm in the same boat.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Look under ur truck and see if u have hangers that ate not connected to ur current exhaust pipe. If so then it will probably work!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha. Will look when I get a free moment in daylight. And I might stop by the local Ram dealer to take a look under one of their Rams that have the dual exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts