DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 with an 8 speed. I have two questions.

1). Ive done the research and I’m about to order the long tube headers from American Racing. My question is what catback system do I want to use. I know American racing has the whole system and I’m very tempted to order that but I want the opinion of the forum because I know there plenty of other cat back systems out there and haven’t heard of anyone using the American Racing catback system. I’ve had trucks in the past and had Flowmaster and magnaflow kits on them and loved them. Every response will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2021 ram 1500 warlock,5.7l ,4x4
186 Posts
I had that system on a challenger that I owned. I went with the entire system with high flow cats and it was great. It was on a r/t. Not sure if this will help.

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
2,103 Posts
Catback systems are usually overpriced in the grand scheme of things. The factory piping is corrosion resistant and sized appropriately(3" midpipe back) for well over 500 wheel horsepower. Most just weld in or clamp on a muffler replacement for cost reasons. If you want a full bolt-on and go option, I'm not going to tell you what to do with your hard earned money...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have a 14 also ,running ARH long tubes with a 14” Magnaflow and stock duels . It sounds perfect in my opinion. l have seen roadkill tests of mandrel bent pipes ,and unless you are making large power there are no real benefits except bragging. You could do headers first with a different muffler then change later if you want to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts