DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I had my 2017 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 hemi in the shop for suspension repair. I get a call from the shop letting me know that ,while at their shop , thieves cut out the catalytic converters. Not only did they take no responsibility for leaving my truck parked outside in an ungated parking lot, but I believe they also did a crappy repair to my exhaust. Let me know what you think . Sorry for the bad pics . If needed I can better ones , but it's at the body shop at the moment. These pics are of the y pipe

·
Registered
981 Posts
What dont you like about it? Looks OK from what I can see. Is there not a weld all the way around? Years ago thieves would go thru parking lots at pro football games and cut the cats off. A fellow I worked with had a muffler shop in Charlotte area told me about this. Seems they have precious metals in them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
yeah, catalytic converters have platinum, among other metals in them. There is a local shop in my town that will buy worn out converters.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To me , if you reduce the outside dimensions of the pipe, then you are reducing the flow of the exhaust. I was expecting to see something more like this .

·
Registered
700 Posts
The pictures you posted are of the factory y-pipe, crushes and all. That's why so many of us on the forum replace them with an aftermarket, freer-flowing y. I replaced mine on my 2012 and my 2017, they both looked just like yours. This picture in not of my factory y, but this IS factory.
stockypipe.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts