DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5.7 Hemi in my truck and was wanting a lot more sound coming out my exhaust. To me it sounds way too quiet. I love the sound but it needs to be louder.

I already replaced the stock muffler with a flowmaster super 10, everything else is stock. Even the tips.

What's the best way to get about double or triple the sound out of my truck? Maybe what to start with first, etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 5.7 Hemi in my truck and was wanting a lot more sound coming out my exhaust. To me it sounds way too quiet. I love the sound but it needs to be louder.

I already replaced the stock muffler with a flowmaster super 10, everything else is stock. Even the tips.

What's the best way to get about double or triple the sound out of my truck? Maybe what to start with first, etc.
You can try an aftermarket cat-back system. I have the MBRP cat back on my truck...sounds good. I'd upload a sound clip, but the site won't let me load it.

·
Registered
937 Posts
The Super 10 is one of the loudest mufflers Flowmaster makes, I think the Outlaw is the loudest. You will never double the sound by changing tips or removing resonators. I don't think straight piping you exhaust would make much of a noise difference vs the Super 10. So for a louder exhaust you will have to compare other muffler manufacturers or a stated previously go looking for a full cat-back swap. For double the sound you may need headersand a full true dual system.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Put an electric cutout on the back of the Y pipe.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I did add these bolt on 5" tips from a/f/e power, and sound improved. Using Flowmaster 40
series.

Flowmaster 8530452 Super 40 Series 3.00" Center In and 2.50" Dual Out 16 Gauge 409S Stainless Steel Exhaust System

aFe 4" Exhaust Tip Upgrade Dodge Ram 1500 09-15 5.7L/3.0L 49C42046-P
( 191809751542 )

·
Registered
84 Posts

As "chilliin" stated the Flowmaster Super 10 is the most aggressive street muffler that we offer, the most aggressive being the Outlaw Race Muffler. It is very unusual that it's so tame on your vehicle. I would recommend to check out a few things prior to spending any additional money.

The majority of our universal replacement mufflers are directional. Take a look underneath the vehicle and you should be able to notice the "hot spots" from when the Delta Flow plates were welded in. You should see only one "V" and it should be pointing towards the front of the vehicle (see photo below).

Secondly, look for the raised Flowmaster logo. If you do not see the logo then you may not have a genuine Flowmaster Super 10 muffler. There are a number of companies that produce counterfeit mufflers and shops that install knock-off Flowmaster products, we do see it quite a bit.

Lastly, removal of the factory resonator will free up a few db's, the tradeoff is the exhaust note will also be more noticeable within the cab.

If you find that these solutions do not fix the issue, please give us a call at 707-544-4761, we may need to file a claim if there is an internal issue with the muffler.

- Jason @ Flowmaster

1 - 6 of 6 Posts