DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have had my 2018 Ram Laramie with the ecodiesel for about 2 months now. Over all i love the truck and very glad i went with the ram, originally went out looking for the Silverado. The only thing i want to change is the sound, this truck is very quiet especially for a diesel. Any suggestions on what to do? Im not looking for the wake my neighbors up at 4 am every morning loud. Just something that sound more like the truck feels, power with a bit of an attitide. Any recomendations?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I looked into this a little over a year ago, when I had my ecodiesel. Everything I read said that there really wasn't anything out there for a stock system because of all the emission crap they had to add to the exhaust in order to meet the emissions standards for diesels. That played a part in my decision to switch to the HEMI. Maybe things have improved in that but I haven't seen anything myself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I found a magnaflow and a flowmaster that fits, but would have to check if the emissions are good for it. I did see the only ones i found was for after the CAT. Couldn't find any that was the entire exhaust system.

·
Super Moderator
34,701 Posts
You really just need to find out where the DPF and DEF injection is, anything after that and you are good to go

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i normally do all the work on my vehicles myself, but with this being under warrenty i might just see what the stealership can do for me. It baffles me how Ram makes a truck this powerful and sexy but gives it such a weak sound. The truck should sound the way it feels when i drive it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
...this truck is very quiet especially for a diesel.
This was honestly my first impression when I test drove the Eco.

I've seen MBRP and Magnaflow make some slick looking DPF-back exhaust systems, but I don't want to pull the trigger until I can see a consensus in the reviews that any one product makes the truck sound meaner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts