DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have a 2018 Ram 2500 with 6.4 hemi. I am wanting to upgrade my exhaust. Is the cat back setup the way to go or just change the muffler? I like a deep tone or rumble but not to loud. Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Outdoorsman, 6.4 Hemi, 2.5 level, MBRP dual exhaust, 295/60/20 ProComp A/T
26 Posts
Any upgrade will be loud, only too loud when you get on it. The only problem is the drone at 60-70mph. I swear it is causing my hearing loss!! MBRP 4” cat back behind the rw exit system been on for 3 years. Like my wife say “At least it looks good!”

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Did
Any upgrade will be loud, only too loud when you get on it. The only problem is the drone at 60-70mph. I swear it is causing my hearing loss!! MBRP 4” cat back behind the rw exit system been on for 3 years. Like my wife say “At least it looks good!”
you take your resonator off when you did yours?

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have a 5.7 so no MDS. But I didnt want real loud and I was on a tight-tight budget. So I went with a knock off 2 chamber flowmaster. I left the resonator on. I think its pretty good. I have made a long (over 600 mile) round trip and it was fine. I figured if I didnt like it with the resonator, I could always delete later. For now it stays.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2018 with the 6.4 also. I replaced the stock muffler with a Magnaflow. It's got a slight rumble at idle and basically roars when you get on it. I like it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have a 2018 with the 6.4 also. I replaced the stock muffler with a Magnaflow. It's got a slight rumble at idle and basically roars when you get on it. I like it.
What about the drone? I always swap mufflers but haven`t yet. Can`t stand a 4cly drone.

·
Registered
26 Posts
sorry so late, but yes, with the dual side exit behind each wheel, there is no room for it

·
Registered
26 Posts
What did you end up going with?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts