DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for anyone with first-hand knowledge and experience with 1/4" spacers to share your opinion. Whether you have them and love them or have had problems with them. I have researched and the general consensus on spacers seems to be to stay away from them but there seem to be a lot of people with 1/4" spacers that have had no issues. I don't really see how 1/4" could be that stressful on the front suspension or the lugs. I do wonder about balancing them though. The only hubcentric 1/4" spacers I have found are $200!! How do you make sure you get the universal ones centered on the hub? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
I haven't run any spacers before, but I am a fan of the "Right" wheel for the tire and suspension. Should be fine but for now, you can get a

:smiley_aagv:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the bump. Actually, I am thinking about putting 295/60/20s on my stock wheels and I'm afraid they might rub the upper control arm. I have a separate thread about that, lol.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I would avoid the generic wheel spacers that are not hub centric, they are a pain to get centered and even then you still might have vibration issues.
If you do run spacers I would only go with hub centric ones, and if you go larger than 5mm, buy the ones with built in studs (I believe the smallest they come in is 15mm though).

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only place a have found that sells hubcentric spacers in small widths (1/4" for me) is Motorsports Technologies out of Nevada. They custom make billet spacers in pretty much any width that are not only hubcentric but wheelcentric as well. Problem is, I just priced a set and shipped to me is $205. That's not bad I guess for a spacer that you know you aren't going to have a problem with but it still sucks on top of $1800 worth of suspension work and tires. My little dream of putting bigger, meaner shoes on my Ram might end up having to wait a while. :4-dontknow:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts