DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at my dealership getting the oil changed on my truck (they only charge $10). On the showroom floor was
a recently built RAM Express QC that had the Uconnect option without the trailer brake option with the
Uconnect switches on the steering wheel. The steering wheel was the standard Express vinyl without
radio control switches and EVIC switches.

I have not seen the Uconnect switches on a Express model even those with the Trailer Brake/EVIC option.
The salesman said it must be a mid year change but really didn't know for sure.

Does anyone have a Express w/ Uconnect and the Uconnect switches on their steering wheels?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm jealous. Looks like another part is going to be added to the RAM.:smileup:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine was built in September so it doesn't have the Uconnect switches even though it's does have Uconnect.

·
Registered
801 Posts
What radio is in the vehicles with the new controls? Is the RES? I have heard that the 2012 models that have the RES radio may have the steering wheel controls when the radio doesn't have the UC buttons on it.

Mine was built in September so it doesn't have the Uconnect switches even though it's does have Uconnect.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a RES just like mine and without radio controls just the Uconnect buttons, the RES is the only radio option with a Express.

Reactions: Unfairkickazz93

·
Registered
801 Posts
this then confirms what I've heard. The 2012 vehicles with the RES radio will have 1 0f the 2 styles of RES. I was told that if the vehicles have SAT radio that the radio should have the buttons and if not then the buttons will be on the steering wheel if there is a factory Uconnect system. For those without the buttons on the radio or the steering wheel but want Uconnect, there will soon be a kit available from Mopar accessories. The kit will have a small pad with the buttons on it, a mic, harnesses and the main module. The kit will be around $350 - $400.

It was a RES just like mine and without radio controls just the Uconnect buttons, the RES is the only radio option with a Express.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got the RES with Uconnect and would like the steering wheel buttons.

Do you know what the part # is for the buttons?
Does it require a different wiring harness in the steering wheel?

·
Registered
801 Posts
I don't have the PN for that panel, I see what I can find out on it. Ass for the wiring, I was told by a truck Eng in the Warren plant that Chrysler has gone to a single IP harness to cut down on the amount of different harnesses and possibilities of misbuilding an IP (instrument panel - "dash"). So I wouldn't think there would be more than just adding the panel and plugging it into the main steering wheel connector. I'll see if I can get a schematic on it. This may take a couple days.

I've got the RES with Uconnect and would like the steering wheel buttons.

Do you know what the part # is for the buttons?
Does it require a different wiring harness in the steering wheel?

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
My truck is a 2012 Lone Star CC. Just an upgraded SLT with every option except Uconnect and leather seats. I was looking at other members who owned older 2012s and 2011's below 4th gens who had different style buttons. They had 4 buttons in total with right/left arrow on the right hand of the steering, then back and another on the left side of the steering wheel. Then they have an entire other lever/shifter thing for their cruise control. Did they change to a newer set of buttons recently? As my cruise control etc is worked in with all my buttons. I was wondering why mine looked like it was upgraded from others on the forums but never looked into it. I really like the new ones A LOT better than the older simple looking buttons. Oh and the fact that cruise control is not a whole nother lever on the steering column and is just two buttons on the steering wheel. Here is a picture of mine!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I like the new button layout. Sure beats the 'aftermarket look' of the stalk I have on my '11 for the cruise control.

My cousin just bought a '12 Jeep Wrangler Sport, and it has the 130 RES radio with the uconnect button on the steering wheel.

Darin

·
Registered
79 Posts
How about those who just want to add the radio buttons to the steering wheel? Anyone have any suggestions and/or part numbers for that swap? I already have cruise control so those buttons would be a nice add, but not really necessary...

CURRENT STEERING WHEEL SETUP

DESIRED STEERING WHEEL SETUPS:

OR

OR

·
Registered
219 Posts
Which model radio & Samsung phone do you have?
i have the basic radio option the 130 or whatever it is, with sirius. its a samsung gravity slider. It wont download the contacts into the phone but everything else works.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts