DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 RAM 1500 4x4 Laramie Longhorn
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing an Extended Warranty for my 2013 RAM 1500. I'd go with the Chrysler/Mopar one but I cannot because my Truck was originally sold in Canada, imported for used sale into the USA. I was told I couldn't get an extended warranty through Chrysler USA (not sure why the wouldn't sell me one, GM's warranty GMEPP will sell me one on the RAM but its really pricey). I understand that the costs trade offs, the last two extendeds I had paid for themselves (on my Yukon Denali and Buick Enclave).

Question is that true I can't get one from Chrylser USA?

Can I get one from Chrylser Canada and have it honored in the USA?

I'd like to stay away from third parties(Endurance, CarChex) as they seem to like to creatively deny..(never had any issues with GMEPP)..and heard good things about Mopar warranties.

TIA.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
First, I believe your truck is too old to get a Chrysler warranty, and second I believe you are correct that because it was a Canadian vehicle you will not be able to get the Chrysler warranty even if your truck was not so old. Contact Ram Cares on this site and ask them.

·
Registered
667 Posts
There are some Canadian sold trucks that do qualify for warranty protection when imported back here but there were not that many. Secondly, because the warranty and mileage start the day the truck was titled, you would be real close to, if not over, the max years and mileage covered under the Mopar plans. You could call the Ram warranty site directly and see what they say about your VIN but I'm doubtful. Be sure to call Ram directly not the dealers that sell these plans.

·
Registered
2013 RAM 1500 4x4 Laramie Longhorn
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. My mileage is pretty low for its age, 63,000 miles. I'll have to call and find out. Wish the third parties were more reliable....had EasyCare once....dealer called it SleazyCare because they were sleazy about denying claims.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts