DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, first of all, please no lectures about the pros & cons. :doh:

The question(s) I have are in reference to the Chrysler MaxCare 7/70 warranty and similar FACTORY extended warranty plans offered by Chrysler. ] I see them available from the manufacturer's web site, but all seem terribly expensive, i.e., full MSRP.
  1. Can you purchase 'the real deal' factory e/w plans elsewhere, such as from a dealer web site who is offering them at or near wholesale? (like you often can with other makes & models of vehicles)
  2. If so, where?
  3. Any experience with using the FACTORY extended warranty plan(s)?
  4. Assuming that you do go with an E/W plan, if not a Chrysler factory plan, then who?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
the nice thing about the extended Warranty, it gives you peace of mind
I bought my Max care Warranty just before my regular plan ran out
If it breaks now, i pay $100, even if they have to replace the engine, transmission, or rear end

·
Registered
386 Posts
CHRYSLERWARRANTYS listed above was about the cheapest, about $1000 below a Florida dealer. Yes it is a true Chrysler warranty.

My 09 Ram has a factory "Lifetime Power Train Warranty. With the engine, transmission and rear end 100% covered, I figured I would need 2 other major brake downs of +$900 each to brake even on cost. I also can do a lot of my own work. With out the LPTW, I think I would get the 7/70000.

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,098 Posts
I purchased my Chrysler Max Care warranty directly through Chrysler Service Contracts after reading how so many people here were happy with it and they had been sending post cards in the mail for a while before I actually bought it. I then went and cancelled the warranty I purchased through the dealer when I bought my truck, a little red tape but worth the hassle, IMO. I have used mine once and aside from the dealer I go to having excellent customer service, they honored the warranty no questions asked and with only the deductible paid by me. Chrysler customer service was also very helpful when I called beforehand with some questions before I took my truck in but I don't think you can go wrong with that warranty.

- Cajun

·
Registered
95 Posts
I purchased my Chrysler Max Care warranty 7/70 directly through my Dealer before I picked up my truck and after going back n forth on price, I got a great price.. beat out the price online. $1150.00 ($50. deduct) That's here in NY. Remember everything IS negotiable

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yeah, I paid $1,500 at the dealership for unlimited/unlimited bumper-to-bumper. Nice insurance plan considering the cost of an hours labor these days.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That was part of the deal when I got my truck also . I got the unlimited/ lifetime Maximum care plan for $2300 . You guys that got them for $1100 & $1500 got a hell of a bargin . I ran my truck thru the Chrylser people and they wanted $3250 . The guy I bought my truck from suggested checking Dave Smith motors in Idaho , they would do it for $2700 with a written quote from them the gut I got my truck from got a local dealer to go to $2300 . So we handled the deal at the local dealers so that the warranty could be bought while we did the transaction for the truck . They weren't to happy when they figured out that we were conducting a truck deal in their show room while the finance guy wrote up the service contract .:gy: But they had no problem cashing the check . The point I'm making is you can buy it from any dealer in the country and handle it thru the mail or fax & phone so shop for the best price !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts