DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,
Quick question. What Mopar Extended Waranty plan, if it’s worth it, the money better, Max Care or Add Care? :i_rolleyes:
Thank u

·
Registered
677 Posts
Max Care is for sure the best warranty as it’s very similar to the 3 year 36k that comes from the factory. Contact Hayes Jeep if you’d like to get a great deal on one.

Tom Winkels Hayes Jeep

[email protected]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much guys!! I really appreciate the info. On monday first thing will be contact those guys to get a good deal. :smileup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got mine through Bob Cline at Zeigler. With the "PAYINFULL" code it was $2,745 for the lifetime unlimited. I offered to buy it through my dealer if he would match that price, and he said his cost was $300 higher than that, this is the best price I found anywhere.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Your dealer lied.

You know that Zeigler is definately not selling their plans at a loss.

i've never had a dealer even come close to Zeigler's price.

competition is a wonderful thing.

Plus buying online means no sales tax!

Bob @ Zeigler has stated he wont be undersold.

http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

----------------------------------------------------------------

I can cancelled my Mopar Warranty after I sold my Ram, and got the Nissan Frontier. Similar incident.

Dealer quoted me 1800 for a 7/75/100 ded. I knew right off that was inflated. suddenly the GM offers it to me at $1268 with the option to buy it within 1 week. Checked online, same exact warranty being sold for $905.
So, the finance manager lied outright twice. She insisted $1258 was her cost. Baloney, again, you know the $905 price still had some profit in it online.

Lesson from this > Always research carefully and buy your extended warranties online (and make sure they are original OEM ones).

I got mine through Bob Cline at Zeigler. With the "PAYINFULL" code it was $2,745 for the lifetime unlimited. I offered to buy it through my dealer if he would match that price, and he said his cost was $300 higher than that, this is the best price I found anywhere.

·
Registered
665 Posts
ironically, hayes and zeigler are only about 17 miles from each other.

One is in Plainwell, MI (Zeigler), and the other is in Kalamazoo, MI.

Direct competitors for sure, but pricing has definitely changed from 2 years ago.

Check with both dealers and go with who gives you the best price.

I got my lifetime/unlimited mile Max Care/$100 deductible from here [email protected]
Best price online that I could find, paid $2430 2 years ago.

Easy to deal with, no code needed, very good purchasing experience.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Hmm, I can get the $100 deductible warranty for my Durango for $3360. Ram is outside of the window

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
Agree with all of the other posts here. I bought the Maxcare for my 2017 Ram. Still on the fence if I'm gonna get it for the Jeep Compass Trailhawk (2018). Not sure how long we'll keep that. But still have plenty of time to decide.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hate to say it, but i think most new vehicles will be boat anchors beyond the 10 yr mark. Who would want to buy a vehicle that will have you shelling out $$ for constant software updates. It's not like you could go to a local mechanic for the updates...I smell a software monopoly brewing.

·
Registered
665 Posts
SOO many choices for extended warranties. For me, I like to buy mine online, pay for it, and let it be done.

I don't like having to email for quotes, or having to call and place an order on the phone.

that's why I've always recommended Zeigler, process is automated, and all done in minutes. http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/ "payinfull" promo = $365 off.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
hate to say it, but i think most new vehicles will be boat anchors beyond the 10 yr mark. Who would want to buy a vehicle that will have you shelling out $$ for constant software updates. It's not like you could go to a local mechanic for the updates...I smell a software monopoly brewing.

If it runs then what makes you think it'll need a software update? I'm over halfway to 10 years and haven't had any non-recall (i.e. free) software updates done since the bumper to bumper warranty ran out.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Typically you don't get the discounts with financing, its either, but not both.

for example, Zeigler has the financing option, but you don't get the $365 promo off.

SHOP WISELY!

Alternative to those who cant pay in full out of pocket. Waynesville CDJR Waynesville NC https://www.jeepfactorywarranty.com/

0% financing available for 12 and 18 month terms with 10% down and a one time fee of $90 or $180 respectively.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts