DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The two lights on my side mirrors have stopped working again. I believe one is connected to the turn signals and one is a couritsy light. Is there a fuse for these or is it a computer problem?

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
This is fairly common; the puddle lamp trays get water in them and short out the LEDs. It hasn't happened to me or my dad (2009 Ram), but there are several write ups here on fixing it.

The dealer may tell you the lamps themselves aren't available for purchase, but they are and have their own part number. You do not need to buy a whole mirror assembly

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
You did not mention whether you had Tow Mirrors or Standard Mirrors

look at these videos to find the right mirror type
If you have the standard mirror, it makes the replacement easier if you remove the mirror glass first. Just rotate the mirror down all of the way & stick your fingers behind the mirror glass from the TOP, it is held in by snaps & when the top clips are released, jiggle the lower clips out while lifting slightly toward your chin & chest

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, I have the tow mirrors and it appears that it is only the turn signal lights that are not working. I will take the mirror apart and check the LEDS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts