DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I am almost done with the exterior mods on my 2011 1500 sport with the Larimie/longhorn package have some pics of the progress just have the headlights and tail pipes left to black out would like to bake and color match the headlight bezel have not seen that around here so it would be original to many after markets out there tail pipes undecided as well here are some pics of the progress feed back and opinions would be great

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
having issues posting pics

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Well the pics that you did post look sweet.....Looking forward to seeing some more.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I think I have figured out the pics problem here we go using photobucket but it keeps telling me that the pics are to big can't seem to get it I thought it didn't need to be resized from photobucket try and figure it out I hope

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
try these hope it works nope too big

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I think I figured it out the last pic is where it all started

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Looks great. Nice job.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I really like the black lettering, that stands out.

P.S. Nice jammies :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really like the black lettering, that stands out.

P.S. Nice jammies :smiley_thumbs_up:
lazy weekend comfy attire big hang over

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
are those Bushwacker Flares 2.5 " coverage ? I just ordered some. Look great !

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thinking of baking headlights ,too many aftermarkets around here want to be not like everyone else,and tail pipes need to be done any suggestions would be cool,thanks for the compliments

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Thanks for the extra pics....Your truck looks great......

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking good! I agree, the lights need to get tinted or at least have the black interiors, they stick out like sore thumbs now.
don't want to tint as it is illegal (as are the tail lights but you can still see the red behind the paint and they are still bright),and I have all ready been pulled over before the nite shades just to get a closer look at my truck i turn a lot of heads and get lots of complements wich is frigin cool

·
Registered
355 Posts
Lookin' Good! I would hold off on blacking out the exhaust and go with some fat double walled tips (5" fills the stock bumper cut outs very well). The reason I caution you is that the stainless tips help to break it up a little like the stainless hardware (lugs, etc) on the wheels. Also, with the weather up there the stainless will hold up much better than paint.

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
thinking of baking headlights ,too many aftermarkets around here want to be not like everyone else,and tail pipes need to be done any suggestions would be cool,thanks for the compliments
There are many write ups about baking headlights, I've baked mine open on 3 separate occasions now so I've become pretty adept at it. Just use a low temperature ~250-275F and use short bake periods of 15min. The most important thing to remember is to NOT RUSH. Let the heat separate the sealant and don't pry hard, a gentle pull and the help of a flat blade screwdriver are all you need. There have been several people who have blacked out their headlight and even added aftermarket projector kits to their stock assemblies. This would be a good way to stand out from the crowd.

If you're not sure about the tailpipes, try using the plasti-dip on it. It hold up on most exhausts, and it gives you a way to experiment without having to permanently modify your system.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lookin' Good! I would hold off on blacking out the exhaust and go with some fat double walled tips (5" fills the stock bumper cut outs very well). The reason I caution you is that the stainless tips help to break it up a little like the stainless hardware (lugs, etc) on the wheels. Also, with the weather up there the stainless will hold up much better than paint.
good point did think about that and am looking into the 5" tips,probably do that when I get my exhaust done,thinking of 3" pipes and a good throaty muffler

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There are many write ups about baking headlights, I've baked mine open on 3 separate occasions now so I've become pretty adept at it. Just use a low temperature ~250-275F and use short bake periods of 15min. The most important thing to remember is to NOT RUSH. Let the heat separate the sealant and don't pry hard, a gentle pull and the help of a flat blade screwdriver are all you need. There have been several people who have blacked out their headlight and even added aftermarket projector kits to their stock assemblies. This would be a good way to stand out from the crowd.

If you're not sure about the tailpipes, try using the plasti-dip on it. It hold up on most exhausts, and it gives you a way to experiment without having to permanently modify your system.
when you bake do you let them cool each time and do you use wood or something to set them on so they don't touch the metal in the oven.More info please I so want to try this.going to buy some extra headlights if I can find them cheap enough (no of any??)It's my wifes daily driver and I do not want that lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
Almost done modding, what is this phrase you speak of? Is this English?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts