DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the standard exterior side mirrors with mirrors that have the turn signals and courtesy light on them. I am looking for how to activate them. I took them out of a 2010 Big Horn and put them in my 2011. They worked well on the 2010 but do not work on the 2011. The 2011 did not have them originally. They plugged right in to the electronic connection just as they were in the 2010 truck.
Any ideas? :4-dontknow:
Thanks,
Pappy

·
Registered
226 Posts
Probably not wired for it. Or check your fuse box cover and cook at the fuses and relays for the mirrors. Sometimes they don't put the fuse or relay in if it wasn't on the original build.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have read elsewhere that the dealer needs to flash the PCM to activate this feature. If your VIN number was not configured with it at the time of sale, they are disabled. So even though have added the upgraded hardware, they need to tell the TIPM to "release" the signal. I have a BigHorn with these lights already, so I am just speaking from what I have read on other posts for folks trying this "simple" upgrade. Seems crazy to me that it would have to be like this, but hey, they are always coming up with ways to get you back into the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts