DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ezdown Tailgate

12648 Views 122 Replies 43 Participants Last post by  fastNugly @ RP
I seen this in the 2010 section but not here in the 2012, so if its redundant please delete it, but here goes, I picked this little mod up and installed it today, was really not expensive and took like 5min to install. Works great. Here is a short video on this cool easy mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIwl-BU_tRU
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
I seen this in the 2010 section but not here in the 2012, so if its redundant please delete it, but here goes, I picked this little mod up and installed it today, was really not expensive and took like 5min to install. Works great. Here is a short video on this cool easy mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIwl-BU_tRU
Hey Asur, Great Mod.:smileup: It was one of the first things I put on my truck when I got it.

· Registered
218 Posts
So how difficult is it to close it back up? My 2012 Laramie has torsion bars and is easy to close and will not slam down on opening. Thanks
My 2012 tailgait is so light and easy to operate, compared to my 99 and 05 that I don't see a real need for any assistance. Sorry to sound negative but the 12 is really light and easy. Norton
I agree with notron46, why waste the money:doh: My 06 was a 2 handed close job, 2012 1 hand very easy.
It's got nothing to do with closing. As the name say's EZ Down. It add's a dampening effect to the tailgate while opening. As Asur mentioned it could save some of the kids a nasty bump on the head if the tailgate happens to slip out of your hands while opening and their in the way.
65Arboc, you must have a special 2012 Ram. My good friend has a 2012 Laramie Longhorn, brother has a 2012 Sport and both tailgates slam down like all the rest. My 2010 Laramie has the torsion bars also but they only assist in the closing effort.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.