DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ezdown Tailgate

12653 Views 122 Replies 43 Participants Last post by  fastNugly @ RP
I seen this in the 2010 section but not here in the 2012, so if its redundant please delete it, but here goes, I picked this little mod up and installed it today, was really not expensive and took like 5min to install. Works great. Here is a short video on this cool easy mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIwl-BU_tRU
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,406 Posts
My 2012 Laramie has the factory torsion bar but does not seem that much lighter going down. I had installed an aftermarket torsion bar on my last truck which made the tailgate feel very light. I wonder if you can adjust the torsion bar?

BTW, to the OP, When you install your remote lock on the tailgate do yourself a favor and ignore all wire color references! JUST TAP INTO THE WIRE THAT IS LOCATED IN THE SPOT INDICATED ON THE INSTRUCTIONS. I Just did this today :)

When you pull the harnesses out of the TIPM,

Put the red wire coming from the tailgate to whatever wire is in Cavity 7 on the BROWN Harness (Which is Harness "E")
Put the black wire coming from the tailgate to whatever wire is in Cavity 20 on the GREY harness (Which is Harness "F")

Attachments

· Registered
1,406 Posts
Dang, it sounds like some of you guys should just install a lift gate! ;P

· Registered
1,406 Posts
I took the chance and ordered the one off ebay that says it's for 2011 1500. I cannot believe there is any difference in the way it will mount to my 2012 2500

· Registered
1,406 Posts
Ok, I installed one on my 2012 2500. Seems to be fine. The tailgate appears to go down a bit faster than in the video, but it does the job.
I installed mine and I agree, it does come down faster than the video. I'm kinda skeptical that it will last more than a year or two. I do believe you could put one on the passenger side without issue and may do that at some point.

regardless, it is pretty nice for now and I hope it lasts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.