DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not difficult at all, actually, its the same as what it was without it, I did not see any difference in closing it. No extra force was needed, I'm sure it must have some difference but nothing I really detect as a difference.

· Registered
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes it is, much lighter than many of the older gen trucks, but tell you the other day it was raining and I opened the tailgate and it slipped out of my hand, it fell down pretty hard, the straps caught it, but had I had something close under, hmmmm, like a kids head, they would of gotten a nice bonk on the head, or a dent in my truck, its not a necessary item to have, but as I said "cool little add-on that don't cost much" and might one day save me from a tailgate dent. Who knows. only this butter fingers opinion, but I see where your coming from also. There are no negative opinions lol, just opinions, it takes all views for others to make decisions.

· Registered
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Put it on my 12 Ram and would do it again in a second. Not only is it cool but to not have to worry about the tailgate slammin one of my kids in the head is a big bonus. Heck even my wife ( who was pissed that i ordered another thing for the truck ) loves it!!!

Lmao @ wife, I been getting the evil eye every day now since I got the truck, been 1 1/2 months of evil eyes lol:wow:

· Registered
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I installed mine and I agree, it does come down faster than the video. I'm kinda skeptical that it will last more than a year or two. I do believe you could put one on the passenger side without issue and may do that at some point.

regardless, it is pretty nice for now and I hope it lasts.

I Agree Bikenut, I really like mine, hope it last also

· Registered
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I don't know why but I can't figure out how to get this installed! The nuts era just slides around the hole and no matter how many times I tighten it it just slides right back out. Is it possible my tailgate hole is a diffrence size than everyone else's. Or am I just a idiot?

Lost you on what your saying, explain again where your having issues?

· Registered
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
when you tightened the little clip did you break off the ears off it. its a small aluminum nursert if you tighten it to much you can bust those ears off, Pics would be good to see your nursert and then we can see how to help you

· Registered
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Very true!
I did not tell my wife I had installed it and she was expecting it to slam down..... quickly turning back around to the tailgate watching it lower down nice and slow.

She had let is slam down once prior and is the reason why she quickly turned back around.
So, yes....she was amazed and loves it.
Now she does not have to worry about me freaking on her for slamming the tailgate down :smileup:
I got to find one for my passenger door, my wife thinks its a garage door, every time she gets out and closes it I expect the door panel to come flying at me.

· Registered
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Well, this looks to be my next mod. My daughter just ate the tailgate this morning. Poor girl has a nice goose egg on her forehead. She always wants to help, bless her heart. Gate slipped out of my hand. Fortunetly it was mostly down when i lost it.

Gonna order one today.
I am thinking here that little one sure thinks that's a good idea LOL, hope she's alright, inexpensive love this mod, been using it for 6 months now, still working strong. :smileup:

· Registered
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Well, after a short detour to the hospital and emergency back surgery on the weekend, i installed mine this morning. Took me 20 minutes. My only concern is the shock has a slight rub. Works great though. My daughter will be happy, no more goose eggs.

Strange, take the top of the shock off its hook up place, and twist it around 180 degrees and re-install it, see if it still rubs, the top connector to the body bolt may be just off center. Just an Idea

· Registered
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
its so funny....this week i was helping my friend put a new tonneau cover on his truck. i grabbed his tailgate, pulled the handle and dropped the gate...:SHOCKED:HAHA no EZ down.

the frigin thing slammed down and i just laughed...SORRY!!! i have the EZ down on my truck!! :LOL:

i think he was mad!:box:
Lmao...........................:LOL:I can just imagine his face, which is why I install one on my truck

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.