DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the 6 inch lift from fabtech on my ram, i was thinking about taking it off and going lower, but i asked the people that put it on, LES SCHWAB, and they said once the lift is on there is no taking it off.......sounds like bullS**T to me. what do yall think

E

·
0 Posts
Not sure why they would say that. Did you ask them why you can't remove it? Seems to me if ya bolted it on, you can unbolt it!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they said something about the tranny cross member. im not sure

E

·
0 Posts
So the kit came with a crossmember...big deal. You get a stock one and put that on.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Bolt on, bolt off. Unless they welded it for some reason? :LOL:

Don't know why you would want to go low though, but hell, everyone has their own thing.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
It can be taken off but it is going to cost a lot to do.. Anyway the subframe was cut and the cross member. My shop, which are my buddies, even said that they did not want to take it off because it would be too much of a pain. There is a lot of cutting with these kits. So it is possible but prob be easier not too

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ahh , ok, i bent my front cross member when i hit a round-about when it was snowing, the lip right under where the two bolts go in got bent, so i need to replace the front cross member, can you buy just the 1 piece or not?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts