DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed my valve covers are starting to leak a little bit and the edges of the covers are getting a little rust. I keep my truck nearly as clean as possible and am going to be doing valve cover gaskets before it gets worse. Then I got thinking while I'm going to have the valve covers off anyways why not get new ones, so they aren't rusty at all and look better than stock. I was looking around and saw Hughes Engines has 10 BOLT MAGNUM STYLE VALVE COVERS (FABRICATED BLACK ALUMINUM) that I like, but they don't have any holes for oil cap or PCV valves. What would I have to do to be able to have a oil cap and either the PCV valves or breathers? Hughes as a push in oil cap and push in breathers, would those work, just dril holes in the top?

here's part numbers for stuff I'm talking about if it helps
Valve cover- 4036007
push in oil cap- R9170
push in breathers- 4420 and 42133 (haven't decided which one yet, prolly cheap one lol)

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
i believe u have to drill these holes out for the for all the caps and breathers. thats what i had to do with mine! u could always take urs off and wrinkle finish them after scuffing them up!

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
I would personally put these on, I had a similar pair on an old LA 360 in a Charger and on my 440:

Quite a few places carry them (online search will get you dozens of options, part number P5007617). End up costing you about $190.

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
I don't personally know if the Magnum ones are, but my old ones had an opening for oil fill on each side, one side was for the PCV valve. If you wanted anything more than that there were spots available but you had to punch them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts