DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Factory Alarm Add on, or extra security EVSII

Someone tried to break in to my new truck last night, scratched my paint on the driver door and put a scratch on the window. I'm so pissed. its not huge but paint has a 1" scratch and window also where they tried to pass an unlock blade. I decide to check today on Mopar's site for the good old EVSII module, I had it on my old truck and was great, but i can't find it for this 2012 truck only for older models. Does anyone know of any impact add-on's that will work on the 2012 Ram 1500, or if anyone has added security to there Truck, let me know what you did or mod you added. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, not much in add on alarms for this truck, anyone added any aftermarket security on there trucks?? electronics. Any idea's, I put the hardware stuff on myself, the spare tire lock, the tailgate lock and the hitch locks for the 4 bolts that hold the hitch to the truck, also added the bolt locks on my PIAA's on the bully bar, also have the Tracking system on it by TAG and i got it etched. but still would like to get an impact/cell calling, window smacking something to add to the truck security. If anyone has seen something or added something, any info will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Aftermarket Alarm

I had an Avital 3100 aftermarket alarm installed. Total cost was $240. No issues whatsoever and I have piece of mind.

Wow, not much in add on alarms for this truck, anyone added any aftermarket security on there trucks?? electronics. Any idea's, I put the hardware stuff on myself, the spare tire lock, the tailgate lock and the hitch locks for the 4 bolts that hold the hitch to the truck, also added the bolt locks on my PIAA's on the bully bar, also have the Tracking system on it by TAG and i got it etched. but still would like to get an impact/cell calling, window smacking something to add to the truck security. If anyone has seen something or added something, any info will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Someone tried to break in to my new truck last night, scratched my paint on the driver door and put a scratch on the window. I'm so pissed. its not huge but paint has a 1" scratch and window also where they tried to pass an unlock blade. I decide to check today on Mopar's site for the good old EVSII module, I had it on my old truck and was great, but i can't find it for this 2012 truck only for older models. Does anyone know of any impact add-on's that will work on the 2012 Ram 1500, or if anyone has added security to there Truck, let me know what you did or mod you added. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone
Never had an alarm system so I'm just wondering how it's going to prevent someone from scratching the paint or glass while trying to get in. If it's motion sensitive wouldn't wind gusts trip the alarm too? Just wondering how it works.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
it wont stop someone from scratching your paint lol, but if it goes off, you can get up and see who is doing it and who knows, with some luck shoot him in the back of the head as he makes a run for it.

The way the EVSII use to work was it worked with impacts on the windows or the truck itself, if someone hit your truck while parking you would know about it, or if someone hits the windows, or body of the truck. its sensitivity was also adjustable so if your neighbor has a Harley with the free flow pipes it would go off, so you could tune it down. I think the last year they had this add on was back in 2006 or 07, you could add it on to any security system that came from the Chrysler factory. it was a simple install, below the steering wheel column there was a plug, you added it to that and it linked into the security system, quick mod was like 100$ back then. I was hoping with the new technology they would of come out with something a bit more sophisticated like a cell caller or something that could be added to the 2012 Ram TDS. With a Cell caller, someone tows your truck off it sends you a text message since it feels the truck has been lifted more than a certain degree or moved without the truck being started, I have TAG tracking on the truck, so you can call them right away and they can retrieve your truck. Anyways, I was just looking to see if there was anything out there that anyone has installed. Had i had the EVSII unit on this truck, it might of gone off and I could of maybe done something.

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Sorry to hear that happened to you.....Karma is a beautiful thing......What goes around comes around.....Let us know what you decide.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts