DODGE RAM FORUM banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Blackrain86,
I listened to your video sound track. The "after" video has a nice rumble but seems a little loud for my taste. I am wondering what muffler is being used in that video. Did you change that out also or is that with the original factory muffler? Is the loudness due to the enclosed environment i.e. garage, in the video? Thanks for putting this up for all to see. I am still trying to make up my mind and you certainly provided great insight.
Same

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Based on the #s it was the non-sport muffler. It had a nice rumble and everyone said it sounded really good. I decided I wanted factory like sound again though. I ended installing a Dynomax 17223 Ultra-Flo Welded Muffler in front of the muffler. It is now as quiet, if not quieter than factory. Its a straight through design, so no issues with flow. I picked up one for $60 (its stainless) and found a muffler shop that installed it for $50.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not to revive old thread, I was searching. Wonder if these fit on 2005 series or if there are available bumpers with cut outs?

·
Registered
458 Posts
The bumpers won't swap but with the factory duals can fit on a uncut 4th gen bumper. I did that with my 2014 with a V6 check the attached pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
The bumpers won't swap but with the factory duals can fit on a uncut 4th gen bumper. I did that with my 2014 with a V6 check the attached pic.
Looks great man. Did you just take the back Y pipe off and throw it on or was there more to it? I'd love to do this to mine.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I did the same thing to mine.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
34,300 Posts
??? All of the 4th gen rear bumpers are interchangeable. You can put a dual exhaust bumper from a 1500 on a Dually Cummins if you want

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
??? All of the 4th gen rear bumpers are interchangeable. You can put a dual exhaust bumper from a 1500 on a Dually Cummins if you want
That is true, I have been looking for a new bumper for mine but I cannot believe how expensive they are even from a scrap yard.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts