DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone point me in the right direction on where to get some bigger tips online?
4"-5"
Piping is 2.5" correct?

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
are you kiddin me!!! $232 for a pair of tips!!!! crazzzyyy....I paid less for my whole exhaust system! ( minus headers and cutouts )

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
42,016 Posts
are you kiddin me!!! $232 for a pair of tips!!!! crazzzyyy....I paid less for my whole exhaust system! ( minus headers and cutouts )
You would die up here I called local shops for a flowmaster single indual out they quoted me $800 that is 2 shops with taxes was over $1000

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
or just run to an independent muffler shop, can be really cheap... my exhaust is dumped but my muffler shop did an extension with a big tip for $25....I put it on for emissions testing only...

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Anyone point me in the right direction on where to get some bigger tips online?
4"-5"
Piping is 2.5" correct?
The rear section is 2.25" (stock) , The Magnaflow CatBack is 2.5" pipe

For a fellow Canadian Ram owner,
I highly recommend staying away from single walled chrome tips.

I had a Mopar clamp-on chrome tip on my 04' 4x4 Sport QC that didn't last past one Winter. :smiledown:

My Magnaflow Cat Back (#16869) on my 10'
with 5" Double Walled Polished Stainless Steel tips, still look like new after 2 brutal Canuck Winters.

before/after

stock tip:

Magnaflow Tips:

stock tip:

Magnaflow:

stock

Big 5" Maggy

BTW many here picked up the CatBack on sale for around $500, DIY bolt on install with just basic hand tools on the driveway.
some, like me , even sold the almost new stock take off's for $200 = net cost right around $300. ;)

Great SS 22" Muffler, replaces rear 2.25" pipe with mandrel bent 2.5" SS, deletes the rear resonators, huge polished SS tips are welded to the rear section.

·
Registered
644 Posts
http://nolimitspeed.com/catalog/ss-...inless-steel-exhaust-p-3815.html?currency=USD

At that price, it would be stupid to pay $232. You get new larger piping, muffler, and tips for $500 compared to a Mufflex + tips at $500. I remember when Mufflex systems cost $210 shipped regularly. I know prices havent gone up $55 for the mufflers and piping needed to make them :(

I currently have a mufflex but w/ the pricing on these tips, y-pipe pricing, and increase in mufflex systems I am about to quit them like a dirty shirt. Seriously irritating to see their prices skyrocket the way they have. That was the appeal to their products; good bolt-in solutions at a great price point. Now, they dont even have the price-point advantage :(

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The rear section is 2.25" (stock) , The Magnaflow CatBack is 2.5" pipe

For a fellow Canadian Ram owner,
I highly recommend staying away from single walled chrome tips.

I had a Mopar clamp-on chrome tip on my 04' 4x4 Sport QC that didn't last past one Winter. :smiledown:

My Magnaflow Cat Back (#16869) on my 10'
with 5" Double Walled Polished Stainless Steel tips, still look like new after 2 brutal Canuck Winters.

before/after

stock tip:

Magnaflow Tips:

stock tip:

Magnaflow:

stock

Big 5" Maggy

BTW many here picked up the CatBack on sale for around $500, DIY bolt on install with just basic hand tools on the driveway.
some, like me , even sold the almost new stock take off's for $200 = net cost right around $300. ;)

Great SS 22" Muffler, replaces rear 2.25" pipe with mandrel bent 2.5" SS, deletes the rear resonators, huge polished SS tips are welded to the rear section.
Those tips look great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts