DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here own a current model with the factory exhaust brake that used to own a PacBrake? I have (had, when I hand over the keys next week to it's new owner) the PacBrake PRXB exhaust brake and LOVE it. One of the best mods I did to my 2006 3500.
I am wondering if anyone has driven the PacBrake and can make a fair comparison in functionality and braking effect, to the factory units offered now.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump, really? Thought I get a few replies at least. Hmmmmm...
Too bad we can't stack them. Ha! That would be cool. Probably get pulled over for no brake lights every other day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Honestly i love the factory brake i only wish i could hard wire it to on as i use it all the time. I have about 90K on my dully at brakes are at 60% still.. amazing. Not to mention the nice whistle i got after pulling the exhaust and intake now when the brake is on!

:smileup:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Honestly i love the factory brake i only wish i could hard wire it to on as i use it all the time. I have about 90K on my dully at brakes are at 60% still.. amazing. Not to mention the nice whistle i got after pulling the exhaust and intake now when the brake is on!

:smileup:
You can make a jumper that plugs in to your trailer hookup and makes the truck think you have a trailer attached. When you leave the exhaust brake on it will "remember" and stay on until the trailer is disconnected; even through restarts.

·
Registered
237 Posts
joshjack, that would be awesome. I would try something like that to see how it worked for how I drive. After towing my Jeep trailer loaded I got spoiled with not having to us the brake peddle going down hills. Do you sill have to be in TOW/HAUL mode? I only use that when the trailer is hooked.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After 13k with this truck I have to say the exhaust brake is better than the PacBrake, but only when in tow mode. I would like to see how that jumper idea works to trick the system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts