DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought the factory bumper for my 12 3500 with the fog light cut outs as well as the factory switch to operate the lights and finally the factory lights themselves. What I need to know, since the lights were cut with the bulbs attached and there is about 5 inches of severed wires on each light, is how I can install them to operate as though they came from the factory. My truck did not come with the fog lights but it was an option. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
you may have to use the wiring schematics from an earlier model Ram, maybe even 2009 to see where the wiring goes. The wiring colors may be different, they sometimes change it

http://www.rambodybuilder.com/yearold.pdf

2009 3500 wiring is under technical information
enter your Rams information as the sites interactive prompts come up
when you get to the technical information, click on the page numbers until it shows the wiring diagram

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
If your truck did not come with fog lights, theres a chance you dont have the wiring harness that links it to the Fuse box, that from there is linked to the switch. I know on my 1500 the wiring for the switch has the wires that link it to the BC but I did not have the wiring from the Fuse box to the bumper area. Also you will need to have the dealer program the Fog lights in so the switch will work. You could always link it up with your own cabling, or even get a wire harness with a relay and install a switch on your dash, but then it will not be factory looking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts