DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am thinking of adding the factory remote start kit to my 2012 Ram. The wife's R/T is a full load and has it and I have to have it... it's just too handy. My question is the package (factory) that is offered here: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MOPAR-REMOTE...s=63&clkid=6797192865167364338#ht_1203wt_1159
is listed for a 2010. Does anyone know for sure it'll work on my 2012. I have RKE and Sentry Theft Deterrent system GXX. I will contact them tomorrow, but sometimes the parts guys don't get it right lol. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I suggest an aftermarket remote starter. It should be much cheaper.

go to Canadian Tire and get one of the Prostart remote starters. Then go to Van and Truck world and get an iDatalink ADS-AL-CA bypass module and the t-harness for your truck. With a little patience you can install it yourself. If you want a step by step just pm me and I'll write it up for you.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CovertRam,
I have seen too many problems with the aftermarket ones, the latest being my daughters 09 Patriot, it wouldn't allow her to shut the vehicle off... rather unsettling in -20 weather at 10pm and I live a province away. The other thing I am trying to avoid is an extra remote... $200 + shipping isn't bad, and I can get a deal on the flash at the dealer. Just need to know if anything has changed between 2010 and 2012.
Thanks for the suggestion...

·
Registered
76 Posts
You cannot use an aftermarket remote with the 2012 ram . Bought mine directly from access. catalog for $200. Had the dealer install ,not the cheapest but under warranty!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just call the dealer where you bought the truck from, if they are worth anything at all you will get it from them directly for about $200-$240 plus a max of $150 to install it... max. A box in your hand is worth 20 online...or something like that.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses, we just don't get the same pricing up here in Canada on OE parts as our friends in the US get... the 200 + shipping is a pretty good deal. Just rec'd the integrated trailer brake module from Avondale in the States and saved about 150.00.
I will call the dealer tomorrow and make sure the kit will work with my Ram. The install is pretty straight forward, just have to leave the ignition module for the tech to install... the antennae and latch are a piece of cake. I'll follow up to this thread with my results...
Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts