DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to swap out my factory 8 in sub for my pair of 10's I had in my old truck. I have a new custom enclosure that should arrive today. How is the factory sub powered? Other than running a hot lead to my new amp, is it pretty much plug n play? Has anyone done this yet? Thanks!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yanked my factory sub out a couple of weeks ago, won't be able to use the factory plug for anything unfortunately, gotta run all new power and grounds to a new amp. How you planning on hhoking it up to the sterio? Do you have a stock or aftermarket head unit?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I dont think there are RCA sub outs on the factory head units. You will need to buy a interface/integrated to have sub outs from the head unit. Dont know what ones though. I installed a aftermarket headunit so I didn't have to do any other modifications. Sorry don't have a answer on the sub out issue

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, got it all done!! Ended up going back to the store and picked up a set of 10inch JL audio subs and amp. My old set just was too old and everything was just too mismatched. Works great now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts