DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 that is two weeks old now. Cleaning it the other day I noticed some spots on be hood of the truck. Come to find out it is "fallout" whatever they mean by that, seems to be a generic description they use.

He original dealer tried to fix it with a clay bar and scratched the piss out of the hood. Now they tried warranty and it isn't covered. They are going to fix it, which is good.

Is it worth it to have them repaint the hood and break factory paint? Or would I be better off long term to try and live with it?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
Paint fallout in this case is just crap in the air of the paint booth, like dust, oil vapor, etc.

The air cleaning filters at the Warren Michigan Assembly Plant have not been very effective for years. The sheet metal parts are pulled along on a chain driven conveyor when it goes through the painting process. It is done by ancient robots :(

The Saltillo Mexico Ram Plant & all the other assembly plants are run on a belt driven system & the clean air filters are of a newer design.

It won't do you any good, but the Sterling Heights Michigan Ram Assembly Plant will have the most modern equipment when it opens next year

an explanation of paint fallout

http://www.carwashmag.com/home/article/fallout-damage-airborne-pollutants-affect-paint-finishes/c6399703a8c6329bc6a4a09a7bd5423e.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
Delmonico Red 2017 paint bubbles

I also noticed paint issues after my first wash. I noticed your vehicle was also Delmonico Red. Wondering if that is a common issue on this color. My cab top had paint bubbles so I would not classify that as fallout. Very disheartening for a new owner of a very expensive vehicle. How they are getting past QC is a mystery to me. They should fire the head of QC.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I don't understand it either. For a vehicle that costs this much it should be perfect in my mind. Personally coming from a line of challengers to this truck, I have been Mopar for a while now. This has been the first I've really had issues with like this.

The dealer is going to take care of it so far though, even though Chrysler said not covered.

I've offered them up a trade too. I want a bed cover and they have a Mopar one for 650. Trade me that cover and I'll ignore the paint issues. Then I'll go and get some stripes put on the hood to cover it up. Cheaper for them and I get my cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts