DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off my 2016 Ram Power Wagon is going into the dealer on Aug 17th, for 2 of the latest recalls, an oil change and Fix the winch for the 3rd time (they didn't wrap it and retain it proper so when I spooled it out the whole thing came right off). Had to do a bush fix. I don't think FCA techs are trained in the winch portion of these trucks, just my thought. Back to my current problem, it doesn't happen all the time and only at night so far. Under the drivers side by my feet when I turn the steering wheel left (not using turn signal) there is a very fast clicking sound like a relay going on and off as fast as it possibly could. Anyone have any ideas? I can't see any lights going on and off or anything changing with the truck, just makes me nervous if its something shorting out by my feet and my truck turning into a flaming pile on the side of the HWY. I will try and post a Video tonight when Im at work.

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
I had a vehicle that had a worn out Signal Light Flasher, it would click loudly & rapidly

That is the only thing that i can think of

Our Rams have what is called a MultiFunction Switch that tends to go bad
It controls the High/Low Beams, Windshield Wipers & Signal Lights
But i don't believe that it clicks

·
Registered
937 Posts
Following. My curiousity is peaked!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, I’m really lost. And it hasn’t happened again since. When it does happen I can make it do it every time tell I shut the truck off. And I don’t notice anything for drivablity.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Truck went into the dealer today, for recalls and that clicking sound, bad part is I can't recreate that sound again. who knows what they will figure out if anything. I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, Ram couldn’t figure the clicking out at all.......Not overly surprised. They fixed the Two recalls that where out standing on the truck so that’s good I guess. They had the truck the whole day dropped off before opening and picked up at 6pm that night. They didn’t even unspool the winch to see what the issue was!!!!!! I went home that night and took an hour to fix it myself. Also when I picked the truck up my remote start didn’t work!!!! They had to “reflash” my truck to make it work again. They ordered a whole new winch cable for my truck they told me and when it comes in to come pick it up and I could even keep my old one I fixed already. Seemed like a good deal. So the next week the cable comes in, I drive the 25 min to the dealer to grab it and they now say that they need the old one and I’d have to book my truck in!!!! So I said we would do it when the next recall comes out. I’m sick of this dealership the left hand has no clue what the righthand is doing and more then wasting money it wasetes my time.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well, Ram couldn’t figure the clicking out at all.......Not overly surprised. They fixed the Two recalls that where out standing on the truck so that’s good I guess. They had the truck the whole day dropped off before opening and picked up at 6pm that night. They didn’t even unspool the winch to see what the issue was!!!!!! I went home that night and took an hour to fix it myself. Also when I picked the truck up my remote start didn’t work!!!! They had to “reflash” my truck to make it work again. They ordered a whole new winch cable for my truck they told me and when it comes in to come pick it up and I could even keep my old one I fixed already. Seemed like a good deal. So the next week the cable comes in, I drive the 25 min to the dealer to grab it and they now say that they need the old one and I’d have to book my truck in!!!! So I said we would do it when the next recall comes out. I’m sick of this dealership the left hand has no clue what the righthand is doing and more then wasting money it wasetes my time.

Seems to be the norm for dealerships these days,It amazes me how clueless people in these places retain thier positions.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts