DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking more into the Fastman 80mm T-body upgrade for my 2010. Pricing seems very reasonable at ~$325 ($150 for new core + $150 for the machining + shipping). I emailed Dan at Fastman asking about what sort of performance improvements I'd see. All he replied back was that I'd see all round performance increase and increased throttle response. Kind of vague really...

For those of you who have done the upgrade, can you offer anything further. Any HP gains or mpg improvements?

Thanks.
JJ

·
Registered
431 Posts
I was looking more into the Fastman 80mm T-body upgrade for my 2010. Pricing seems very reasonable at ~$325 ($150 for new core + $150 for the machining + shipping). I emailed Dan at Fastman asking about what sort of performance improvements I'd see. All he replied back was that I'd see all round performance increase and increased throttle response. Kind of vague really...

For those of you who have done the upgrade, can you offer anything further. Any HP gains or mpg improvements?

Thanks.
JJ
Wow, that's pretty expensive. If I remember right, I only paid $212...I didn't notice a huge performance gain, I regret spending that much on such a small gain. Most of the gain is just throttle response anyway. Sometimes I think if I had gotten an 85MM, it would have made more of a difference, but I don't know. If I were you, I'd get a catch can or exhaust done first. Or maybe headers...

·
Registered
300 Posts
I saw a dyno where they installed a BBK 85mm TB and picked up a whopping 3hp and 1 ib/ft. Knowing that, I'd spend your hard earned money on something else that actually helps more than that.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If I were u, I would just get a throttle body spacer for $110, they work great and I did notice 5-10hp gain and 8tq and 1 mpg better, and yeah it doesn't seem much at all but a little gain is better then no gain for $110

·
Registered
644 Posts
If I were u, I would just get a throttle body spacer for $110, they work great and I did notice 5-10hp gain and 8tq and 1 mpg better, and yeah it doesn't seem much at all but a little gain is better then no gain for $110
If you can show me on a lightly modded (intake/exhaust/tuner) vehicle where you see those types of gains from a TB Spacer, Ill buy you a set of headers for your truck. You will NOT see a gain like that from a TB spacer. IMO, one of the biggest gimmicks on the market (besides the "jet" chip).

Ive been debated a Fastman TB myself as I understand its not a large gain in power BUT better throttle response would make it work it as well as a slight boost in power (and Im sure that power will scale with supporting mods).

·
Registered
292 Posts
His answer is pretty much spot on. I felt it right away in the throttle response. It didn't give me a massive hp or fuel increase but it puts a smile on my face.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
If you can show me on a lightly modded (intake/exhaust/tuner) vehicle where you see those types of gains from a TB Spacer, Ill buy you a set of headers for your truck. You will NOT see a gain like that from a TB spacer. IMO, one of the biggest gimmicks on the market (besides the "jet" chip).

Ive been debated a Fastman TB myself as I understand its not a large gain in power BUT better throttle response would make it work it as well as a slight boost in power (and Im sure that power will scale with supporting mods).
I agree, a TB spacer is the biggest waste of money you'll ever spend. I'm not sure where that guy got his power figures from, but no TB spacer adds power.Same idea, just think about making your CAI tube longer, do you really think that will add power? Not trying to be a dick, but TB spacers do nothing for performance.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Considering sending mine out for porting ($150 with shipping is reasonable and typical for ported TBs). Have done this on past vehicles (cobra,svt focus,lightning,vette) and although there's no appreciable power gains it improves throttle response enough to enhance driveability (couldn't heel/toe the vette on track, the e-throttle lag was so bad).
SawdustJ, any idea what turn around time is if sending one in?

Ed

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Considering sending mine out for porting ($150 with shipping is reasonable and typical for ported TBs). Have done this on past vehicles (cobra,svt focus,lightning,vette) and although there's no appreciable power gains it improves throttle response enough to enhance driveability (couldn't heel/toe the vette on track, the e-throttle lag was so bad).
SawdustJ, any idea what turn around time is if sending one in?

Ed
From Fastman's website, it says his turn around time is just a couple days. I'm sure if you called him and said you were sending him yours, he would turn it around in one day to minimize your downtime.

www.thefastman.com

JJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts