DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 2082 Posts

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I picked up my truck 3 weeks ago and wasn't expecting to begin buying anything for it, but began to start modding it.
Slight mods, but they are mods to me with more on the way... :smileup:

I got a pretty loaded 2012 Crew Cab Sport 1500.

As I mod my truck, I will update this thread (hopefully this is possible).

mods to date (with pictures) in order

- 20% tint
- Bakflip F1 cover
- K&N CAI
- debadged
- Billet Catch Can
- Stubby Antenna
- Red Painted Calipers

mods on the way
- Retroshop (thx J) color matched (PX8) headlights, taillights and 3rd brake light
- retrofitted headlamps with projectors and 5000k HID's and
switchbacks
- LED tails: level 2 color matched tint
- LED 3rd light: level 2 color matched tint
- Magnaflow Cat back
- AMP Bed Extender

mods in the plans/near, near future
- Bilstein 5100's
- 35/37" Tires
- 20/22" rims (haven't decided on route)

We all love pictures so here they are in order!

Picture once home

Tint Shot

K&N CAI

removal

K&N installed

Debadged

before

after

Billet Catch Can

Installed

Stubby Antenna

Before

After

Painted Calipers (Red and cleared)

Front

Back

Side Profile

I am hoping I can continue to edit this initial post and add pictures as I install/add new mods.
Can anyone confirm if this is possible?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looking Good!! I like the way that catch can mounts compared to mine. l really like the backflip, looks nice! I'm wishing i would have went with it instead.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Coming along great man. Looking forward to more pics and mods

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good man! Coming along nice...You'll love the maggy cat-back! My favorite mod so far.
I can't wait for the catback.
Auto anything matched a pricing I found but it will be shipped to my cousin in the states. So I will have to pick it up when I visit them!

That's in 3 weeks.

Did you get the y pipe also? What's th model number for that?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks!
I like your username :smileup:

How does your catch can mount?
Thanks and you'll love the Magnaflow. I went with just a 18" Magnaflow muffler and plan on adding a y-pipe soon. Here's a pic of the catch can. I have the K&N bracket on one side touching and the ac line on the other side is almost touching. Just a little to much going on in that location.

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Truck looks good, hope to see more mods in the future!

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks and you'll love the Magnaflow. I went with just a 18" Magnaflow muffler and plan on adding a y-pipe soon. Here's a pic of the catch can. I have the K&N bracket on one side touching and the ac line on the other side is almost touching. Just a little to much going on in that location.
Just trying to understand where yours is placed. Im assuming closer to the front of the vehicle?
In any event, as long as its doing what you want, thats all that matters.
The bracket came with mine, but its called a 'Z bracket' if I am not mistaken.
Im sure you can grab it from billet website if yours is bothering you.
But if it works, why change it. IMO

As for the catback, I cannot wait. I know its a 22" vs the 18" you got, but looking forward to the 5" tips also.

I love your badges :smileup:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just trying to understand where yours is placed. Im assuming closer to the front of the vehicle?
In any event, as long as its doing what you want, thats all that matters.
The bracket came with mine, but its called a 'Z bracket' if I am not mistaken.
Im sure you can grab it from billet website if yours is bothering you.
But if it works, why change it. IMO

As for the catback, I cannot wait. I know its a 22" vs the 18" you got, but looking forward to the 5" tips also.

I love your badges :smileup:
I just changed oil and also drained about 3 ounces out of the catch can after 300 miles, so I guess that's a normal amount. I'm okay with its location, just a pain installing it. Went to advanced auto and they couldn't give me a mobile 1 oil filter number for the 2012 lol I already had it on my phone so i said I'm pretty sure its m1-210. he says we have those, go figure. The 22" is going to sound really good and it'll get a lil louder as it ages. I want to go with the bigger tips also, the stock ones just don't fill the curved area enough. Thanks on the badges, I had it down to the symbol from Thors hammer and the bat.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks on the badges, I had it down to the symbol from Thors hammer and the bat.
Man!
Love the Thor idea....can I steal that one? LOL
I want to do new badges but where do you start on figuring out what you want?
LOL
Is that the symbol in your attached picture?

Bat is pretty cool, I must admit

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sure :), yes thats it and you can look at the triquetra images on google. Think about color schemes, i like black and red. For me I love comics so there was endless material to work with. The bat is a altered batman beyond symbol a lil more stretched to fill the badge.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sure :), yes thats it and you can look at the triquetra images on google. Think about color schemes, i like black and red. For me I love comics so there was endless material to work with. The bat is a altered batman beyond symbol a lil more stretched to fill the badge.
I won't steal the idea but use it as inspiration to think of something.
It has helped my mind to begin thinking...
Hope I won't have too many choices that will make my decision harder
:LOL:

·
Registered
171 Posts
You will and Choose wisely :LOL:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yea custom badges are they way to go.. Just hope they can fab up a front badge for me that will work with the grille that I am getting. Let us know which design you go with.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You will and Choose wisely :LOL:
That is the plan!
Can he pretty much do any design thrown at him?

Yea custom badges are they way to go.. Just hope they can fab up a front badge for me that will work with the grille that I am getting. Let us know which design you go with.
I will keep all posted!
What will you be going with?

1 - 20 of 2082 Posts