DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Pretty much the only legal place to go is the GWNF trails, look up Flagpole Knob and that will give you the general area. There is a pretty good range of difficulty there so make sure you research which trails you go on. Plenty of YouTube videos. Let me know when you go, I've been itching to go back there

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to make a trip up there, right now I have Brown mt and Uwharrie for public trails, but we tend to find a pipe line rightaways or something of the sort close to the house. We use to have more but some of the HS boys tore up a lot of land so they got barricaded. I do need to get some new tires before I get back on the trail.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yea that's the same reason a lot of the places up here got closed up, the few ruin it for the many. There are a couple spots up here that I use to test out new shocks or winch, etc, but the way they are building up around here those will be gone soon too.

As for tires I recommend bfg ko2s. I have a knockoff brand of them but they are awesome. Haven't had too much mud to deal with but they cross streams and other terrain great

·
Registered
951 Posts
Look at treadwright, they have a sale going on right now I think for 10% off. They are retreads but I've been running them on my last two trucks with great results

·
Registered
951 Posts
Hey there, know it's short notice but I will be hitting the trails in GWNF this Saturday. Figured I'd give ya a shout

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm out of Pittsburgh, PA. There's a park 45-60 mins from me in OH, called Yankee Lake. I believe their website is trucknight.com. I've only been there once, but it was a blast. Pretty accessible from tristate area (western PA, WV, and OH)

·
Registered
951 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion! Never heard of that spot. I'll let you know if I decide to go check it out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts