DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
:smileup:thats pretty sweet.:rep:, how much did ur kit cost and where did u get it from?

·
Registered
15,658 Posts
looks pretty good, not sure they would be legal in nj unless you are a police officer, fireman or some type of emergency person.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I like them. I use strobesnmore stuff alot. It seems to be cheeper and built exactly like Whelen.

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
53,996 Posts
Looks sweet man, nice job! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Registered
307 Posts
looks pretty good, not sure they would be legal in nj unless you are a police officer, fireman or some type of emergency person.

Actually, to be technical, in NJ that is illegal for a personal vehicle for volunteer response. The only thing that is allowed is a permitted single 35watt Bluelight mounted onto one of the A-Pillars. That being said, I used to be huge light junkie in my personal vehicles, and would rival or beat the local police cars way back when I was in the Volly stage..:LOL:

Looks good by the way, now throw some LED modules in the grille..:smileup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the kit from Road Equipment and the kit is the Silver Series 4 cost $220 which includes both front and back set (4 strobes total). I do some work for the national weather service and I use them when out on the side of busy roads measuring the river. I attached the spec sheet to this message. If you have more questions feel free to ask.

:smileup:thats pretty sweet.:rep:, how much did ur kit cost and where did u get it from?

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
Just wondering where you mounted your switch

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey gysnst2,

My truck is at the dealership getting a few things added to it as soon as I get it back I will post photos of the location of the switches. I installed them to the left above the shifter. I really wanted to install the switches in the switch bank module so it would lock stock but dealer said there are no part numbers with heated seats, steering wheel, and extra Aux buttons. I did try though...

·
Registered
718 Posts
The service guy at the dealer is telling me that they are not switches? He said that all they do is send a sign to a module. They are not rated for any type of power.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I believe it. I know on the Chassis model it comes with all those Aux switches and I believe it goes to a dedicated power box under the hood. It's just a big tease! I spent numerous hours researching different part numbers etc trying to find a way to make it work but in the end no dice.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Actually most of the stock style switches are simply momentary SPST style switches. You could use them if you constructed a simple latching circuit out of a Flip-Flop IC or an Arduino. Just google around and you will see what I am talking about. Makes for a clean installation and the extra work is worth it in the end.....:smileup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts