DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Which Style of Fender Flares do You Prefer?

• Smooth Style

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Pocket Style

Votes: 30 53.6%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which style of fender flares does everyone prefer?? Smooth or Pocket Style??:4-dontknow:

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
41,998 Posts
It depends what you are looking for. The flares can make such a visual impact on the overall look of your truck. If you are looking for a more rugged aggressive look then pocket are the way to go

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
I just wanted the smooth look & a contrasting color
i don't really need fender flares, when i have to go off of a paved road, my speed is below 15 mph

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
as long as the tires aren't too tucked in, then pocket.....myself, i have street flares on my wish list

·
Banned
329 Posts
I think it depends on a couple things: 1st, do you want it to look factory but give you the look and some protection then Smooth. If you want it to look aftermarket custom then pocket, but really Pocket flares are every where now so that comes to the 2nd part, Do you need them? Pocket flares usually stick out farther and give you some extra coverage.

I have to have flares and flaps because I drive on gravel every day, but I like my wheels to be tucked under the flare, so when I up grade I will make sure my offset stays under my Stock looking flare - My 2 cents

·
Registered
59 Posts
I prefer the pockets

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
I actually like both and each has their own place.
I would have liked to go with the smooth ones, however I wanted more coverage on my tires and went with the pockets. I also went with the 2500 pockets for 1/2" additional coverage over the 1500 ones.
Plus I preferred the 2500 over the 1500 ones in either smooth or pocket.

Either way, both look good and both depends on tire width and your personal preference.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I say pocket IMO

·
Registered
737 Posts
I prefer a combination of both.... The perfect flare to me would be one that has the size of pocket flares with a smooth look and no exposed fasteners.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts