DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally have my flares on, I will try to post a coupl. of pictures. The mods to date are a power drivers seat. side body molding. vent shades, removed the pillar tape, bilstein shocks 2.75" lift. airlift 1000 with wireless remote. LSD rear installed, Truxedo lo pro box cover, Dodge rubber floor mats.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
My previous F150 had flares didn't realize how much I missed em. Where did you get em - how much?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flares

I bought these from Dodge, Part # 82211720ac Spord MLDG KIT-W List 349.00 Net 310.10 + Tax. These came very nicely painted Mineral Gray, I thought maybe they where going to be the ones with a slight texture, but the where smooth painted with clearcoat. I had them repainted and coated. I think the only other color is a gold, these are the ones they put on the Lari me. Cost me another 250 to get them painted and installed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mineral Gray is the color I need. Those look real nice. Is it possible you can get a side shot picture of your truck? Example.

No rush. Nice view in the pics too.

TIA

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
The flares looks awesome! Where did you get them?? I like how these ones actually go down the side all the way to the bumper, they are the first ones I have seen do that on a 1500

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OEM Fender flares

I took a yard stick and held it against the 20" wheel in the rear. The inside of the stick against the wheel. the flare extends 3/4" and if you look from the top down across the truck the flares extends around 1.25" If you go to a dealer and look at the oem trucks with flares this is what they are,I also did not want the big flares with the bolts showing, I think the flares took the boxy look away, In my opinion I think they made it look classier, I was not looking for the off road look. With that being said I do like the off road look with the raised truck and ect, but that is not what I wanted for myself.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I took a yard stick and held it against the 20" wheel in the rear. The inside of the stick against the wheel. the flare extends 3/4" and if you look from the top down across the truck the flares extends around 1.25" If you go to a dealer and look at the oem trucks with flares this is what they are,I also did not want the big flares with the bolts showing, I think the flares took the boxy look away, In my opinion I think they made it look classier, I was not looking for the off road look. With that being said I do like the off road look with the raised truck and ect, but that is not what I wanted for myself.
Agreed. I think those look great on your truck. The flares + rivets look for to ******* for me. They are all over the place here since I'm in ******* country.

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out the dealership before I order. I think my tires stick out less than an inch..which is more than enough to make it impossible to keep the truck clean.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Flares

One of the main reasons was to help keep the over spray off the side of the truck, my 20" stock tires did stick out a little beyond the fender, this has taken care of the tire extending beyond the fender, I have not really driven it in the rain to see if it will eliminate the spray but it has to help, and plus I think it looks much better.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I bought these from Dodge, Part # 82211720ac Spord MLDG KIT-W List 349.00 Net 310.10 + Tax. These came very nicely painted Mineral Gray, I thought maybe they where going to be the ones with a slight texture, but the where smooth painted with clearcoat. I had them repainted and coated. I think the only other color is a gold, these are the ones they put on the Lari me. Cost me another 250 to get them painted and installed.
I found a local dealer that had this exact fender flare package in stock. The mineral gray flares match the gray truck which is exactly what I wanted. I haven't got the chance to put them on yet but can't wait. Hopefully they pieces are not damage or scratched as I didnt have time to inspect them.

Thanks for the part number!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you have any issues with the tape sticking on the flare or truck? I am thinking of ordering these for my truck but I have seen some Laramie and Outdoorsman at dealer that the flare didn't adhere to the fender in spots. Upon closer examination it appeared the tape stuck to the truck fine but pulled away from the flare and left a little gap

1 - 18 of 18 Posts