DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - new member here- I have a 2011 Ram 1500 - the dreaded rust bubbles have formed in the fenders over both rear tires. Local body shop quoted $270 for OEM flares - for each one!!! I want OEM because I prefer the look over the aftermarket, but that price seems outrageous. They quoted $350 for a new rear bumper (mine is dented and getting rust around the parking sensors). How can each flare be almost as much as a new bumper???
Any advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
36 Posts
that price for EACH flare is ridiculous. Maybe if you get flares that are painted to match that MIGHT be reasonable but I would recommend going on autoanything or another trusted website and looking at reviews on fender flares that will run you between 400-600$ total

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks- I called my local Dodge dealer, and they said they can get a set of factory flares for $325. I have no idea where my body shop guy got his quote!!!

·
Registered
15,601 Posts
Hello - new member here- I have a 2011 Ram 1500 - the dreaded rust bubbles have formed in the fenders over both rear tires. Local body shop quoted $270 for OEM flares - for each one!!! I want OEM because I prefer the look over the aftermarket, but that price seems outrageous. They quoted $350 for a new rear bumper (mine is dented and getting rust around the parking sensors). How can each flare be almost as much as a new bumper???
Any advice is appreciated!
did that include fixing the paint ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

No that did not include painting. I was a little off- it added up to $830 for all four- I called my body shop guy and he said his contact at the dealer he gets parts through told him you can't buy them in a set anymore! (like I said earlier, the parts dept at the dealer I bought the truck from said she can get them in a set for $320 or so)

·
Registered
121 Posts
see if he will let you supply the flares.

Or go somewhere else with those ridiculous estimates.

I got all 4 of my EGR fender flares for $500CAN and $160 for paint and install.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had bought used 2500 power wagon flares. 4 for $220 Canadian, plus new adhesive tape. No painting, hard to see the scratches. Perfect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts