DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't decide between the Bushwacker Pocket style or the Extend A Fenders. Would really like to see the 2 different models installed, can anyone help?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I can't decide between the Bushwacker Pocket style or the Extend A Fenders. Would really like to see the 2 different models installed, can anyone help?
I tried both on my truck and didn't like the extend-a-fenders, so I sold them and installed the pocket flares (painted). The extend-a-fenders also ended at what looked like a weird spot in the front...

Attachments

E

·
0 Posts
The extend a fenders aren't as wide as the pocket style flares but you probably already know that. I like the smoother extend a fenders but if I had a lot of tire and wheel outside the wheelwell, I'd go with the flare that will cover that.

Good luck with your choice!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Upstater, this is the first time I saw your truck with the new flares. Good work, those look really good painted to match.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Upstater, this is the first time I saw your truck with the new flares. Good work, those look really good painted to match.
Thanks! I just wasn't a fan of the black ones on the truck, plus I like the pocket flares better. I tried the smooth ones because the truck is sort of "blingy" with the wheels and chrome and I didn't want to try making it look like a serious off-roader, but it turns out I still like the pocket flares better.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have flares on my truck from ERG, they are just like the Bushwacker Pocket style. I painted my bolts red to match my truck and left the flares black. I like they way they look on mine and a bunch of other people here at the base have installed the same on there trucks as well.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have flares on my truck from ERG, they are just like the Bushwacker Pocket style. I painted my bolts red to match my truck and left the flares black. I like they way they look on mine and a bunch of other people here at the base have installed the same on there trucks as well.
Let's see some pictures!!:smileup:

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I think the pocket style flares look good on a truck that looks aggresive. WhT i mean is big tires liftes a bit and rims with a negative offset bringing the tires out. The smooth ones look good on a stock style truck. Putting the pocket style on a atock looking truck really clashes the two styles i think. Really it ia up to the truck owner and what they like.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like the smooth look as well. I think they would have looked better if you had them painted like the pocket style flares. Don't get me wrong though, both look good. Definitely go painted though, whichever you choose.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Anybody know if the rear pocket style flares are the same or side specific? I am putting them on right now and the look the same but I can't tell??? :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anybody else wish bushwaker (the pocket style) would finish the front flare. I was going to order after seeing on a sport but then realized doesnt have little section (after headlight line) for a laramie no offense to anyone but without that little piece looks unfinished. I was going to order but not going to cause of that. is there a company like the pocket style that goes all the way to bumper? Dodge factory does but like the pocket style

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anybody else wish bushwaker (the pocket style) would finish the front flare. I was going to order after seeing on a sport but then realized doesnt have little section (after headlight line) for a laramie no offense to anyone but without that little piece looks unfinished. I was going to order but not going to cause of that. is there a company like the pocket style that goes all the way to bumper? Dodge factory does but like the pocket style

Must be a 4th Gen issue, mine goes all the way down to the fender in the front.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the Bushwacker pocket style and they went on exactly as described, however there are a couple of places where they don't snug up against the truck body....what gives? They are definately the correct part number and product for the truck. Any ideas?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts